And it all begins...

Now what about when I need to remove the clutch. Getting that key out once it's all installed must be a nightmare.
A little anti seize on the shaft will help, and just a little :thumbsup: Specialty Lubricants - Anti-Seize : Permatex® Anti-Seize Lubricant

You are welcome., ...and yes they are a little hard to get off sometimes. Try to file the sides of the key so it slides in kinda easy.
Check for small burs in the slot on the shaft a small file will fix that, I like the key to slide freely but not loosely :thumbsup:

Great idea. What about that screw hole. Do I even need to worry about it provided I use the key and a bolt on the end of the shaft.
I don't use the set screws if the shaft has a bolt , and I don't use Loctite on the shaft bolt :doah: the rotation of the engine will keep it tight :thumbsup:

On the set screw if you use it... not the bolt as HP said.:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: I was using the blue on jack shaft sprockets and it wasn't holding the set screws.

Of course it didn't matter, since the gears were auto-aligning. :laugh:

I use red on them now, and it holds the set screws in.

Karl, Max Torque has come out recently saying not to use set screws, but to use the bolt as this allows the clutch some lateral movement and reduced chain throws. :shrug:

One thing for sure- leave the clutch set screws in long enough and they gurr up the shaft enough to make the clutch more difficult to remove. I use them both ways, and have no issues on my low HP applications.

Finally got around to putting the engine in tonight. Measured and cut the chain for a first fit. Now have to get a replacement seat, clutch brake w/ lever kit. I think I may replace the throttle too.

Also I gots this here one of them there custom made mechanics table 4 sale. Just FYI this doesn't include them there tools on the table or the ones in them milk crates neither. $1000 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where can I get that pleather looking seat material? Do craft stores carry that stuff? Need to make a temp seat until I buy the seat I actually want.

Is there any reason why I can't paint that silver part on my clutch?

I don't see why not provided that you mask it or take it apart so you don't get paint inside....also I would use a paint and primer by VHT it is made for headers and can hold up to the heat of the clutch. I have not painted a clutch personally, but this is what I would do.

ok so new stupid question. I measured my bars, thier 7/8th's. So I want orange rubber grips. However good luck finding a twist throttle in orange. Can I get like a twist throttle that will allow me to put a grip on it? If so would I then need two diff size grips? One for the left side being 7/8th and the other being 1" since its going to have to fit over the throttle sleeve (not sure if throttle sleeve is the correct name)? Anyone have a link to a throttle that would be a good one to use?

So until I get a clutch brake kit, how do I install this rear friction brake on the back wheel. Tell me I don't have to take the back wheel off or worse the engine back out. Seems rather tight fit trying to turn this 10 angels to get in place. The chain and engine keep getting in the way.

Finally got around to putting the engine in tonight. Measured and cut the chain for a first fit. Now have to get a replacement seat, clutch brake w/ lever kit. I think I may replace the throttle too.

Also I gots this here one of them there custom made mechanics table 4 sale. Just FYI this doesn't include them there tools on the table or the ones in them milk crates neither. $1000 shipped.

Also wanted to mention this is a hybrid mechanics table. The table portion is removable and acts as a center lift when needed.

What exactly do you get and not get in that auction? The entire throttle assembly for the handle or just the tube? Its confusing...

I think I am going to replace the entire assembly, its old and junk. Probably need a new cable too, its seen better days. I think I need a stronger spring down by the carb area. The throttle doesnt really have any return when you let it go. You have to manually roll the throttle back in order for it to slow down. Doesn't seem very safe for the kiddos.

Funny I had the wire cable to tight by the carb and did realize it, pulled the cord to start the mini and this thing when flying out between my legs and landed on its side. I think the clutch brake is def in order in this bad boy. Would have been funny on video, just glad it landed on its side before hitting my car.

Last edited: