And then there where TEN (sympathy buy)

Some times I can help buying them to just save them. :doah: And I have a bad habit of wanting to buy any mini with and engine for $50. :doah:

There was no pic but after interigation,, it sounded like it my be a rupp and it was close by so me and the boy did a night run tonight. :wink:

The bike had been carelessly and completely sprayed with a black spray can (I hate when they do that) The bike was orange originally. The good news is it has a HS40 Tecumseh which Is the same engine as one I got at home with a broken exhaust mount hole. :thumbsup: I never tried a Rupp and it will be a good companion to my Bird Nighthawk mini cyle.

The chain is to large (motorcycle)? The brake is sticking, the front fender is hanging by a bolt,,,, and the carb! :doah::doah::confused:

He said it will run but leak fuel,,,, YOU THINK? :scared::scared::scared::scared: Never a boring moment in mini land! :doah:

jeep4me

I'm surprised that it would run. Yeah, I can see a fuel leakage problem. OMG that's the funniest thing I think I've ever seen someone do with a carb, LOL:eek:ut:

jeep4me

I got a Bird that someone had replaced the scrub brake plate with an extra large hinge, like the kind you would use on a wooden gate. It actually worked but it looked a little to redneckish for me.

That carb must be for right hand donuts.:thefinger: That must be a #420 chain. They're a little wider and thicker. A #41 should work shouldn't it?

My 3.5s drop down then out. That must be the wrong intake, or turned end for end. It's in the right place. That might be a vertical engine intake.

My 3.5s drop down then out. That must be the wrong intake, or turned end for end. It's in the right place. That might be a vertical engine intake.
Jim, I'm pretty sure someone put the carb and exhuast in the wrong spots. :doah: 3.5's and 5hp's are different and I can't remember how the 4hp's are set up but I'm pretty sure they are backwards! :oops:

No time to investigate tonight but I'll know tomarrow. :thumbsup: BTW, the carb says "craftsman" and has no choke or bulb but I have a new 5 HP carb that will fit.

Last edited:
I looked at the bike this morning and it's NOT A RUPP. :doah: You have to excuse me because I'm not into bike that have shocks.:eek:ut: The gas tank and torque converter threw me off (copy of Rupp) I kept looking at the holes in the frame THEN remembered a guy had posted an orange bike just like it and I believe it was a newer Sear's bike. :doah: I'll have to find a pic.

The Carb and exhaust WHERE put on backwards and as soon as I get gaskets, change the oil, and make linkage for the carb (my Tec carb pull's the other way) I'll try to get it running. ( It has compression )

Last edited:
It was one of the What is it type threads. The guy asked what he had and i think I posted the picture of Alaska Minis. I just checked the first 13 pages of General Mini Bike Talk and didn't see it.

It was one of the What is it type threads. The guy asked what he had and i think I posted the picture of Alaska Minis. I just checked the first 13 pages of General Mini Bike Talk and didn't see it.
GTO,

The search comment was towards jimh - and not in a bad way. Rather than search manually through the pages, we have search options for that. He knew it was from Alaska Mini - so that's what I searched for :thumbsup: