Another Aggie 97 back on the road

I grew up riding an Aggie 97, so I have a thing for them. When this frame turned up on ebay and was only 30 or so miles away I couldn't pass it up. Thanks to a few members on this site (and the OldMiniBikes store), I was able to piece the whole bike together. It's just mocked up right now as I have a few small parts and hardware to buy still before final assembly. This one is for my girlfriend to putt around on, so I let her choose the colors. She decided on neon green and flat black. I like the way it came out, and some Briggs decals on the motor will add a little color and make it look less generic... give it that finished look.

The last pic shows how bright the green is, the flash really made it glow lol.

This it what it looked like when I got it-

Here's a pic of my other Aggie. This one's been in the family since it was new, my dad got it when he was 13 years old. (Still needs a kbs8ball seat!)

That looks great. The lime green really works on that bike. Painting the screen on the flywheel really is a nice touch. The other one looks good also. Nice work man. :thumbsup:

Nice job!

I was wondering if you ever pursued making the decal on the front? I have recently acquired a 97 from blkscorpion80 and he told me about your build. I would love to coordinate about restoring my aggie and the decal.

cheers
KR

Ken, congrats on the aggie purchase. I'm sorry to hear that blkscorp decided to sell his, but glad it's staying in the community with you! I got tired of bugging my friend about the decals. He was supposed to be working on it, but eventually I just stopped asking because I didn't want to strain the friendship. Then winter rolled around and the minibikes got put on hold. I still have all of the images and information that I collected on the decal, and I definitely still plan on getting it reproduced. I'm glad you reminded me about this, I will talk to the other graphic designer that I know and see if he's willing to take on the project.

He did get one made. Great looking decal, just too different from the original for my taste. Also, his is for an Aggie 98, I have Aggie 97's. kenwheelie you should check that one out, maybe you would like it. To each his own!