Another Baja Heat question

Has anybody tried to switch the counter shaft sprokets on the Baja Heat to try for more top end speed? I like the Torque-A-Verter idea but I am reluctant to spend the money.

Thanks

Harry

bajaheat upgrade

the best upgrade you can do to one of these bikes is the torque converter,and disable the govenern.if you cant afford a comet tav30,heres how to get way more to speed out of the bajaheat,remove both chains from the bike, take small chain off and big chain off rear sprocket. make these two chains into one long chain. now remove clutch and gear reduction plate. now replace clutch with sprocket close to engine and run chain from rear wheel to clutch,you my have to take a few links out and move rear wheel back to tighten chain once this is done now you have direct drive w/5 to1 ratio(10teeth clutch and 50teeth rear sprocket.with the bike set up like this its climbing ability is gone(5to1 is geared to low for quick take offs or hills) but if you dont do to much hill climbing like me and just like to run flat out this will get you up to like 40-45mph top speed try it your take off will be slow but topspeed is way higer,if you can find a 60 or 70 tooth rear sprocket you can get some of your hillclimbing ability back and a fasyer take off.7to1 ratio is best for all around riding:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info Kruger!

I may give that idea a try. Mine has the power to pull stumps, but I want it to top out a little higher than 25-30mph . If it doesn't suit me I may go with the TC. How much butchering would I have to do to to go with the TC, or is there a direct bolt on available?

I have a heat and I put a TAV on it. There was a little grinding I had to do to the mounting plate so it would clear the frame and the back oil fill hole. Well worth it though. The TAV amazed me.:grind:

delray

harry flyer try saving some money and go with a tav-2. you can try to run it without a gear reduction set up,but i think it will run very poorly at low and midrange. clutch will have to work very hard. you could try just stepping down the sprocket couple gears?(in the jackshaft),but that will cost you money too.
take a look at this:thumbsup:
BAJA MINIBIKE CLUTCH TO TORQUE CONVERSION

VA KING

me and my dad is gonna try 2 make the two chains into one chain. we wanted to try a tav30 torque converter but we wanted to figure out another way with out spending all that money on that one thing.

joekd

Dont bypass the jackshaft and go with a single chain, I did this on my baja heat and the low end is completely gone. The motor has to work way to hard to get up to any speed.

me and my dad is gonna try 2 make the two chains into one chain. we wanted to try a tav30 torque converter but we wanted to figure out another way with out spending all that money on that one thing.
Try replacing the 20t sprocket on the jackshaft with a 17, 14 or even a 13t sprocket. I replaced the 20t sprocket with a 13t sprocket changing the gear ratio from 10:1 to 6.5:1. It still has pretty good take off, but hits around 33-34 mph, with the stock motor.

Here's the link the sprockets are under 10 bucks!

B Type Engine Sprockets, #40/41 Chain, 5/8" Bore