Another Canadian Mini Bike!

Look what I bought today..........

It's a 1972 Moto Skeeter 650. :thumbsup: I have been wanting one for a while and finally found a 650 so I bought it. Originally he was asking $200, which I thought was fair, but then we started talking and he said he used to run a restoration shop and told me if I sent him a picture of the bike when it is all fixed up that he would sell it to me for $150, so I shook his hand and told him to keep checking his email for a picture.

Here are some more pictures.

It is complete except for the headlight and the twist grip, but I aint complaining. I am hoping to start restoring this one soon, because this August my home town is celebrating their centennial so I am wanting to fix this bike up and put it in the parade. So watch for a project log coming soon...

:thumbsup:

Too cool ! I know you will do a great job , I wish I lived closer to give you a hand , at least we are all here online to give advice and cheer you on :thumbsup:
Rob.

Schweeeet!!!

Canuck bike...I like it the way it is.....stitch the seat and ride it :thumbsup:
That was my first thought, but I am doing a full on resto. It will hurt my wallet, but the look on my dad's face when I let him take the first ride on a "new" '72 Moto Skeeter will be priceless. Because when he got to ride the one he had his 3 older brothers had already ran it to death.

Too cool ! I know you will do a great job , I wish I lived closer to give you a hand , at least we are all here online to give advice and cheer you on :thumbsup:
Rob.
That would be awesome if we lived closer Rob, you could help me on my Skeeter and I could help you on your drag bike. :thumbsup:

Cool ride Clayton. I didn't know moto ski made bikes. :thumbsup:
Ya, they made them for only 2 years, 1971 and 1972. They had 3 models, the 450, 550, and 650. I have been told the 650's are hard to find and rarer than the 450 and 550. The 650 kinda reminds me of a Rupp in a way.