Another engine paint thread

I am going to paint this engine today after work. I just rebuilt the motor. Bored +.020, decked .005, all new internal parts, rod, cam, side cover, valves, springs, keepers and retainers, head, crank, the whole load. This engine was used for a race engine in a lawn mower and was totally worn out and was run out of oil. Basically I got screwed when I bought this engine. Lesson learned. Everything replaced is genuine Briggs parts. Took 3 months to collect all the parts as everything is obsolete.
Motor was powerwashed, dissembled and soaked in a parts washer with Safety Clean and then soaked in Simple Green and Dawn detergent. Flywheel was glass bead blasted and painted with Dupli-Color Engine Enamel ceramic 500 degree paint. Want to keep it aluminum color. Will this paint stay on this engine??? Is there a better paint to use or should I try it and find out. Would like it nice, I got a small fortune in this heap, opinions????:shrug:

buckeye

Turned out good.
Doesn't that ceramic paint spray nice? I thought it came out of the can right. Steady flow and that stuff covers nicely.
I haven't started the engine since painting, so don't know how the heat,affects it.
Let us know. Great job mr walt!

Turned out good.
Doesn't that ceramic paint spray nice? I thought it came out of the can right. Steady flow and that stuff covers nicely.
I haven't started the engine since painting, so don't know how the heat,affects it.
Let us know. Great job mr walt!
Thanks buckeye, your right about this paint, it works really nice. I should have this bench running in a day or so and I"ll post on the results..

Regal red Rustoleum, quick and easy. The bike I make will be this color also. 3 pulls and it was running. Saved from the trash