another new guy from sunny Buffalo New York

Hello from a newbie in buffalo ! What a site ! Its been so helpful already just being a guest ! Like most everybody else here , I had a mini bike back in the early sevenths the my dad put together with parts from a guy at work ! Basic ( unknown frame ) 8 horse Clinton , man that was fast , also probably one of the fondest memories of my dad ( man I miss him ) . But like most kids I didn't listen to him when he told me to put it away every night ! Well as you can guess , it wasn't where I left it the next morning , and I never got another one ! Hard lesson learned ! Any ways , 40 years later , I figured time for another(s) . I'm almost done ( over ) restoring my early BIRD MANU. mini . I'll post pictures when wife shows me how ! Was also wondering if any body else is on this site from the buffalo - cheektowaga area ???? When the Bird is finished , I'll start on my bonanza ! I'll probably out do myself as the bird turned out way too nice to ride! ( I will anyways ) . I use to build show cars for a living so my fussyness is natural ! I just can never be happy with " good enough " . When these are done a plan to start reproducing the old Bonanza " Gold " choppers ! My favorite mini bike of all time !!!!!!!! Thanks for your time and allowing me aboard ! Looking forward to the future of OldMiniBikes !:bowdown:

Ah the home of Dave Crook, Ron Gerstner and the Clutch Artists. I have a buddy in the Tonawanda area...and I used to own a Model A custom that won its class at the '64 Buffalo Autorama so I have spent some time up there. Maybe we have crossed paths.

Anyway good luck with your mini bike ventures.