Any k car guys

I'm looking at very cheap car for winter and my uncle has this pos but at less then 90k on the odometer I am considering it.

It needs grill and head lights as pic's show but runs and drives fine.

He is asking 300 I think I will offer 250

judging by the can of bee spray on the roof and all the leaves, it looks like it hasn't been run in a while. You might be asking for trouble. But then again, who cares for $250. Would be nice to have headlights though.

judging by the can of bee spray on the roof and all the leaves, it looks like it hasn't been run in a while. You might be asking for trouble. But then again, who cares for $250. Would be nice to have headlights though.
I think I will just mount so old school gm head lights

I would also put about four lights on the roof and maybe give it about 12 inches of suspension travel. You could turn it into a rear wheel drive car, just use the body from this car. It would look like a baja 1000 racer. Of course, all this might take a while, so using it this winter may mean making a few short cuts... maybe only three lights on the roof... :facepalm:

oldsledz

I don't think anyone would admit it if they did own a K car, but for 250-300 you can't go wrong, it is worth 300 to 350 for scrap.

45t

It looks like the 2.2 non turbo. If it has the turbo and it works the car can be very quick. Give a tune up & drive it. The cats have a tendancy to plug up, at least mine did. If you maintain it, it can be very reliable and good on gas. I'd say wire in some headlights, screw getting a grill and drive the thing.

i've had a few of them and always enjoyed them. In fact I'm planning on getting another in the future. Either a GLH or a GLHS Omni.

It looks like the 2.2 non turbo. If it has the turbo and it works the car can be very quick. Give a tune up & drive it. The cats have a tendancy to plug up, at least mine did. If you maintain it, it can be very reliable and good on gas. I'd say wire in some headlights, screw getting a grill and drive the thing.

i've had a few of them and always enjoyed them. In fact I'm planning on getting another in the future. Either a GLH or a GLHS Omni.
I had a 85 Chrysler Town and Country wood panel wagon 12 years ago.
That thing would top out at 140mph (NO JOKE). It was 3speed trans and would hold 2nd gear to 75mph. 2.2L Turbo W/2 1/2in down pipe and 3'' out the back where cat should of been.....:laugh: Then into a rice muffler with 4'' Tip. (22mpg's) and gas was cheap!

To top it all off.......1 day at wide open, I hit a cat! (Sounded like a shot gun going off on impact...:doah:

Almost forgot about my 87 Chrysler Daytona SHELBY! Had a matching set of 5 15x8'' rims with 10'' of rubber under each corner.

Last edited:
Those Chrysler 2.2 engines have a following that for sure. I heard they were fairly reliable for a Mopar product. A buddy of mine dad work for the Tank plant in Lima and got the Chrysler discounts back in the 80's, his dad had the TC3 with that engine, My buddy got a 87 Dayton turbo his senior year of school and it was a quick car for a 4 banger.
But on a side note I did beat the turbo Dayton with my 1988 Grand Am with Quad 4 with a 5 speed, back in the day.

Every Mopar I have owned has left me stranded on the side of the road, including the one I bought brand new. :thumbdown:
That looks like a real POS Jesse, I wouldn't give $20 bucks for it even if it had $40 worth of gas in it:laugh: