Anybody Collect/Restore Antique Tractors?

Like the title says, do any of you guys restore antique tractors? Post pics of any you have if you want.

My dad and I just came back from a trip to go check out 3 tractors. One was a 1945 Case LA, number 2 was a 1952 Case LA, and the 3rd was another 1952 Case LA (this one was in better shape). We now have to choose one for our first father/son project. :thumbsup:

I have an original great running 1950 Ferguson gas tractor that I use around my property, box blade and brush hog are all I have but want to make a drag for my track to make quick work of dressing it up. It needs a restoration one day but for now seals and ripper teeth are all it's needed. I'll get a couple of pics of it and my 1966 Ouchita aluminum boat for the boat thread. Already have pics of my miniboats somewhere here. There are some folks who have some crazy cool stuff here.:thumbsup:

Oldsalt

Have one antique [sorta] tractor engine. It powered an early combine. The same engine with only one flywheel powered the absolutely huge Holt tractors of that day. It's my 1914 Holt [Holt and Best went together to make Caterpillar tractors around that time]. It is a 4 cylinder that displaces around 900 cubic inches and is called a "45 Horse Power Holt". Had to make a bunch of new valves and guides and a bunch of other stuff including a new gear for the magneto but she now runs just fine. As I recall it took 8 or 10 gallons of oil to fill the crankcase. It is a treat to hear it run.

The other pic is the only one I have of my son's 8N Ford. Ignore the guy with the smoke pole. It is restored to the point of having all the correct decals and original lights and seat cover. It is as nice a restoration as I have seen. That front guard is an original. It is being lightly worked when I took the photo. It really is too nice to be in the mud but had to use it to drag the area that day.

Last edited:
Oldsalt that is a nice Ford, I really like those and they can make a good grass cutting tractor.

And

Scottessey that Sears/Yard Hand is really cool, it's just cool. :thumbsup:

I've never built one myself, but spent a lot of time on my grandparents 100 acre farm.. My grandpa had collected vintage tractors and machinery since he was old enough to get around. Like 1938 Ford 2 ton all the way to washington for some old hit and miss on a saw mill or some shit.. :doah:

So I was always around the stuff. There was probably 20 tractors that ran at one time, and 40 or 50 more scattered around.. :laugh: 100's of old stationary motors, small engines, steam engines, hit and miss motors..

He had a few different train cars and like 1/2 mile of track that he bought from a copper mine up north, brought home, straitened out then laid.. Theres a little one room Depot from a train stop in the neighboring town thats like 200 years old, a water tower he built..

Gasoline Alley RR.. :laugh:

I've got a video that was tape recorded in like 1985 when

"Dick Evans, On The Michigan Road" :laugh:

stopped by and did a news story about it.. I gotta get that uploaded to the interwebs.. :glare:

Robby, you and your son both have nice tractors, I have a soft spot for old Farmalls. My favorite for some reason would have to be the Model "C" Cub.

TRK, the amount of cool stuff you have around never ceases to amaze me, I have never heard of Wallis tractors before, where were they made?