autolite racing spark plug

Are they worth getting ? Have read some posts where people have had good luck with them and have seen some where they have made an engine run terrible .. whats everyone's opinion ? Will be on a 212 predator with header, kn filter and jet kit

I'm sure I'll catch flack, but proper gap and indexing will work wonders. NGK BPR6ES and you're good to go. I wouldn't buy into the "racing" hype.

Get the Autolite AR3910X spark plug no gap and no problems..I been using them for years and never had a problem yet. :thumbsup:

from what ive read on them they stick a little farther into the chamber, therefore raising compression a tad bit. Ive ran them in my GC160, GC190, and modded predator. The no gap and no indexing is just an extra plus.

No big gains to be made from a surface gap plug.
It can provide an advantage on the track but its a very small one.

Most of the time you are better off with a regular plug because they tend to burn off clean easier.

I have one of these race plugs in my bike right now and I can tell you its not doing me any favours, cold weather cold plug and some fouling.
If I were in the bush I would be in trouble because this is the wrongplug to run around and just ride on.

vwfan79

I switched from the AR3910 plug to the AR3924, it is a copper plug with a higher heat range but still an autolite race plug. It is the equivalent to the BPR6ES, all of my motors are higher compression modded GX160s. The AR3910 is actually a relatively cold burning plug.

No big gains to be made from a surface gap plug.
It can provide an advantage on the track but its a very small one.

Most of the time you are better off with a regular plug because they tend to burn off clean easier.

I have one of these race plugs in my bike right now and I can tell you its not doing me any favours, cold weather cold plug and some fouling.
If I were in the bush I would be in trouble because this is the wrongplug to run around and just ride on.
My understanding is that's all the "racing" plugs are. Just a cooler running plug.

Plus it's not that hard to gap a plug so the whole no gap thing does nothing for me.

from what ive read on them they stick a little farther into the chamber, therefore raising compression a tad bit.
I can tell you with a shaved 14cc head the autolite plug is flush with the bottom of the head. The normal electrode plug protrudes down into the cylinder hitting the piston

My understanding is that's all the "racing" plugs are. Just a cooler running plug.

That statement is completely Wrong, Plugs can be gotten with any number of heat ranges,electrode style,material,diameter etc;and many other things,One of the biggest hypes is the E3 plug,to make it simple, Electricity takes the SHORTEST Path to ground ,so you could have 3 0r 37 grounding posts,closest one wins!AS far as the Autolite plug issue, the AR3910X is a racing plug,But in most instances it is too Cold; experience has taught me that a AR3932X is a better plug for our uses:- It is A Bit Hotter which helps with fouling,While warming up,Idling etc.I use them all the time;There are also Hotter, same style Autolites available,AR3934X etc.Finding them is the issue,BUT they are Cheaper than the 3910X's....The American way,supply,demand ,popularity UP Goes the Price Follows ....Just my 3 cents worth:shrug:

Last edited: