B***S?

Those are real bidders....Ebay does that now so it doesnt diclose the bidders name...so other people on ebay cant email them and hastle them about bidding..

Whats weid is these "star people" have feedback ratings. :doah:

I wonder if people have a bunch of handles and help each other bid and out bid to save a low priced auction. :hammer:

There was a situation where scammers would contact bidders of big auctions, and offer to give them a "second chance" option - which is something that seller can do if he has more than 1 of the same item, or if the first bidder is a deadbeat.

Scammers will do that trying to scam people.

I actually had someone send me a 2nd chance offer on a car that I had bid on that belonged to a friend from a Pontiac site. It was a super rare car, and went for big bucks, but I was one of the first bidders on it just for the hell of it even though I knew I could never afford it. This car sold for over $40,000, but I was soon contacted for a "second chance" offer for $5,000. Just the engine alone was worth well over $20,000. I obviously knew that was a scam.

Funny thing is that I let the guy know that someone tried to send me a second chance offer on his car, and he told me that they sent him one too!

I actually had a scammer use Buy It Now and attemted to buy a Triumph chopper from me 3 or 4 years ago. The old procurement agent thing,where they want to send you Cashiers check and you Western Union them the extra money, then you're out the cost of the bogus check, plus what you send the "agent". They don't even want your item, just the money.Luckily I had seen a warning about it on IPD, where I get Volvo parts. I emailed him and said he needed to pay me with PayPal, or better yet I could personally deliver it and take cash. :wink:The next day, he was no longer a registerd eBay user. I got my final value fee, listing fee back and a fre re-list.:thumbsup: