backyarder visitors

we were wondering what those were mike.we always have a few different pairs of ducks come by every spring.

had our first deer this year come into the yard this morning

While not my backyard, this was at my work. "Bonnie", as we call her had her annual brood.
"Clyde" was nowhere to be seen though. They have adopted us as their home and have had broods here for the last 3 years.

When she is not tending her ducklings, we hand feed her. Have to watch out with Clyde as he may nip ya feeding him.

about 10 in the yard right now.couldn't get them all in 1 pic

seen a moose today too but didn't have a camera

Last edited:
just ran across this pic...last year but still cool I think the mom is the one the hunter shot and killed last deer season Im sure the young ones didn't do so well after

I find box turtles in my yard often, with my dogs a turtle is the only creature that survives breaching the fence line. We take them out the back gate into my woods and watch them scurry away. Recently two baby turtles were nearly killed by the dogs since they fit in their mouths but my daughter got them away. I told her that the reason we have babies is because we have saved so many adults, we now mark their backs and have only seen one that we had previously marked. My field and woods are full of wildlife and we love it, we saw a fox the other night patrolling the back fence line. I hear doves all day and see Cardinals and Robins working the ground for worms and we have plenty, I can go out the back gate and dig anywhere under the leaf litter and get a half dozen night crawlers in one shovel of dirt. We take a can full fishing and do quite well, the lake is about a mile and a half from my house so we go often. I need a game camera so I can capture some of the critters that come through the woods, might even surprise me what's actually back there. I love having a little piece of the country in the middle of the city.

You can get those trail cameras pretty cheap. Cabela's has a nice selection:thumbsup:
We have a Bass Pro here that has some for reasonable prices, I want a good one with good resolution and am not afraid to spend a little more for quality. I know they have improved greatly in the last few years. We don't have a Cabellas here yet but I have ordered some stuff from them online.