backyarder visitors

I don't have any pics, but a story. Last night, we heard some commotion on the back slider. Went to have a look, and two adult and one very tiny chick partridge (Arizona quail) were high-tailing it across the yard.

Seems they'd nested somewhere in the creeping rosemary and had a chick, and my concrete walls had the chick boxed in. The parents were going crazy trying to urge this little chick up the walls.

Heck, the chick was about an inch and a half tall. I ended up laying a 4X4 timber from the ground up to the top of the wall. The parents kept flying up and back, and the chick finally made it up the "bridge."

I know...you had to be there. Damn, that little chick was cute. (I may have said that before somewhere come to think of it)

I don't have any pics, but a story. Last night, we heard some commotion on the back slider. Went to have a look, and two adult and one very tiny chick partridge (Arizona quail) were high-tailing it across the yard.

Seems they'd nested somewhere in the creeping rosemary and had a chick, and my concrete walls had the chick boxed in. The parents were going crazy trying to urge this little chick up the walls.

Heck, the chick was about an inch and a half tall. I ended up laying a 4X4 timber from the ground up to the top of the wall. The parents kept flying up and back, and the chick finally made it up the "bridge."

I know...you had to be there. Damn, that little chick was cute. (I may have said that before somewhere come to think of it)
thats cool that you helped out.:thumbsup:
i saw a video on youtube awhile back,this guy n lady in a pickup go zooming over to this trash dumpster,guys standing in the back and toss in a Ladder!
zooms back away,
next thing you know,4 or 5 bear cubs are climbing out at speed..nice people! and lol at them bears @ the dew drop inn.

MikeBear

I'm smarter than the average bear! lol :laugh: :doah:

p.s. I first figured it was going to be in your "View My Photos". I clicked that link, saw 87 pages, and was "Holy *hit!". I then figured it would probably be one of the last ones, IE: page 87. It was, and the name of the photo in the post above that didn't work had "bear and cubs" in it, I had it easy.

Last edited:
I'm smarter than the average bear! lol :laugh: :doah:

p.s. I first figured it was going to be in your "View My Photos". I clicked that link, saw 87 pages, and was "Holy *hit!". I then figured it would probably be one of the last ones, IE: page 87. It was, and the name of the photo in the post above that didn't work had "bear and cubs" in it, I had it easy.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: I do have a lot of photos on here. :laugh: Its the only way I can post photos on here. I have to upload everything.:shrug:

jdogg, that's funny:laugh::laugh: Years ago I use to feed the bears, not anymore because they will not leave. I do feed the deer and in the morning the deer are laying down at the bottom of my steps. Those critters are smart!!!