Bad Dog Gigantic Frame - Wheel Spacer(s)

Hey All,

We are working on our Bad Dog Gigantic project. The kit shipped with a spacer, which is about a 14" piece of steel pipe to be used to space the wheels to be center.

However, we are unsure what size to cut these spacers to. BD just shipped a piece of pipe and we are supposed to cut it down to size.

Does anyone have experience building these kits, and do they remember their front and rear spacer size?

CarPlayLB

assemble your front wheel, with or without the tire and mount it to the front forks. center the wheel and measure each side to get the measurement. I would hold off on the rear until you get the engine, clutch, and sprocket situated and then measure it. that way they are right for your combo and you can tell your friends they're "custom made"!

assemble your front wheel, with or without the tire and mount it to the front forks. center the wheel and measure each side to get the measurement. I would hold off on the rear until you get the engine, clutch, and sprocket situated and then measure it. that way they are right for your combo and you can tell your friends they're "custom made"!
Just a little change in the suggestion for centering the front wheel.
I would hold the wheel tight to one side, measure the single distance and divide that number in 2 equal pieces rather than guess with centering the wheel while measuring.
HTH
Mike

CarPlayLB

Just a little change in the suggestion for centering the front wheel.
I would hold the wheel tight to one side, measure the single distance and divide that number in 2 equal pieces rather than guess with centering the wheel while measuring.
HTH
Mike
That works great if the bearing is in line with the edge of the rim, which not too many are!

That works great if the bearing is in line with the edge of the rim, which not too many are!
Good point!
I would still favor math over trying to center the wheel while measuring. If you held the wheel tight to one side measure the space to the fork on both sides and divide the total by 2 you would get the required size to center the wheel in the space.
Mike