Bad Dog Kit Info Needed

I was looking at the Bad Dog mini bike kits-I noticed that they are noticeably more expensive than,say,an Azusa kit. Are the Bad Dog kits bigger than an Azusa? They kind of look to be a copy,only bigger. I have heard a lot of good reviews about the company as far as customer service. But if they're just an exact copy of an Azusa,and the same size,then what's the point?

I hope they dropped the internal drum brakes on the rear wheel. I bought a used Bad Dog that someone never rode because the brakes were useless.

There are sets of free plans on the internet in PFD format. Then you can build a clone of the BAD DOG.

Also several of the older Heralds and such. Are larger adult minibikes.

Take a long study of the photo gallery. That will also help guide your direction.

OldMiniBikes guys will always be ready to help you.

Cheers! Bullhead

Last edited:
I have gotten into Trail Scooters. They are just a bit bigger than the minibikes. My riding area is all desert.

There are sets of free plans on the internet in PFD format. Then you can build a clone of the BAD DOG.

Also several of the older Heralds and such. Are larger adult minibikes.

Take a long study of the photo gallery. That will also help guide your direction.

OldMiniBikes guys will always be ready to help you.

Cheers! Bullhead
Would you have a link to the location of the plans mentioned...Walt

I have a Bad Dog Drag with 5" wheels and Azuza with 6" wheels. I will put them side by side and snap some photos. Bad Dogs forks are much better. Foot pegs for Bad Dog have welded mounts. Azuza are bolt on clamp style. You can customize a Bad Dog any way you want. You can call and speak to Robin before you order.

So I put them side by side. Most notable is the Bad Dog was built for the 6.5. The motor fits so much better. Fork is FAR better! The Bad Dog also has bearings in the fork neck. No such thing in the Azuza. Also the wheels speak for themselves. Its a drag so its different. Axle is out side frame rails. And I don't know about the brakes on other Bad Dogs but mine stops. Funny thing I bought the Azuza for the wheels to put on another mini and I always need another blue clone. Paid $300. Bad Dog was $490 shipped. The Azuza frame kit is $390 shipped? I think I got a great deal.
Hope this helps!

buckeye

Thanks for posting those pics. Jice comparrison.
The Bad Dog is pretty bad. Nice rear. Tire looks good.
All around nice bikes.

Would you have a link to the location of the plans mentioned...Walt
A lot of the EBAY guys use, "Scribe" , as a source to download plan's they sell on EBAY. Old Mech. Illustrated magzine's plans, Popular Mech. Magazine Plans.
Remember, the words you put in search. May not be the same as someones meaning of the same word. Such as..."minibike" verses "mini bike". Two words verses one.
Specific verses general.. such as, "fun projects" verses "mini bikes".
Also try....."free mini bike plan's" in diffrent search engines will also get several results.

Vintage Go Kart & Mini Bike Plans 1950s

Wren Mini Bike Plans

Good Luck!:thumbsup:
Bullhead

Some really cool old vintage plans there Bull! :thumbsup: Reminds me of the old DIY mail-order Popular Mechanics books! Might have to go look through my dads set and see if they got any carts or mini's in there.....