Bad Dog Mini Bike kits

Whoo! I'm back! Ok so I've been debating over wether I should purchase new airsoft guns, a gaming laptop or a mini bike, and I've decided mini bike (as long as its ok with the coppers :devil2:). I was thinking of the getting a baja warrior but I decided that there was no way I could fit it in my car so I kept looking and I came across bad dog enterprises. I took a look and I noticed they have a lot of kits for sale but they were all on the more exspensive side, BUT a couple of them caught my eye, Like the ones with the large tires and the ATV mini bikes. So my questions are:
1. Will there be any welding involved when putting the kits together?
2. Will one of the large tires, big framed kits be able to handle dirt, hills, bumps etc?
3. Will it fit in the backseat of car?
4. Are they good kits for a beginner?
and lastly (for anyone who lives in an urban area/or around my area): What do the cops say about riding in urban areas? :shrug:

Don't know much about the kits. Just don't ask the coppers, they are not fans of mini bikes. You can ride them around your property, trails, or around quiet streets(that is if they cant catch you):laugh:. Just make up your mind on a bike though. Youre overthinking it.

Don't know much about the kits. Just don't ask the coppers, they are not fans of mini bikes. You can ride them around your property, trails, or around quiet streets(that is if they cant catch you):laugh:. Just make up your mind on a bike though. Youre overthinking it.
But where do you ride? Just on the trails, or on private property? I only have a very small yard and I dont know of any trails around here.

Around my street, yard, my grandparents house (long, quiet street), or around the quiet streets in my neighborhood. My friends parents asked the cops about mini bikes and they were not very fond of them. You should be okay as long as you are not riding where there are cars and you are somewhat quiet. Up and down your street, or family or friend's street should be fine. Check out my YouTube channel to see some vids of me riding. 07Motorboy - YouTube

But where do you ride? Just on the trails, or on private property? I only have a very small yard and I dont know of any trails around here.
Since you are interested in building a bike, you may consider doing one up that could be made street-legal. Check your DMV of course, for what is required.

From what I gather on this board, legal issues seem to be the biggest downer of the whole minibike scene. If you have to load up a bike in a car, drive somewhere, unload, etc. etc. you probably won't be using it much.

If it's street legal, you'll ride the shit out of it.

Since you are interested in building a bike, you may consider doing one up that could be made street-legal. Check your DMV of course, for what is required.

From what I gather on this board, legal issues seem to be the biggest downer of the whole minibike scene. If you have to load up a bike in a car, drive somewhere, unload, etc. etc. you probably won't be using it much.

If it's street legal, you'll ride the shit out of it.
I still got another 2 freakin years before I can get license, so making it street legal wouldnt make much of a difference if I couldnt ride it for 2 years. But according to the Salem MA police mini bike is considered a motorized scooter which is not strret legal (I guess :shrug:) but it cant go over 20mph, cant be more than 50cc, and ou need to have a permit or license and it has to have headlights. I actually coudnt really get away with riding it down my stret because there are litteraly cops patrolling around 24/7. So it looks like I'm out of luck. :mad::mad2::sadcrying4:
Too bad its not the 70's anymore.....

Next time they are on your street, ask them extremely politely if it would be okay that you drive it up and down the street, and point out that you live on the street.

toomanytoys

The bad dog kits look nice but I think over priced.

I don't know what you are looking for in a minibike. There are so many different styles, makes, suspension, non-suspension, big tires, small tires, and anything in between.

Answer me this.

What do you plan to do with the bike?

Do you want a real mini bike? small wheels, no suspension? Or maybe a mini cycle, with larger wheels and full suspension?

I gave this advice once before and the guy wasn't happy. A minibike is not a dirt bike and you can't treat it as such

Last edited:
I have the Bad Dog ATV Mini Bike with the Gigantic Balloon Tires. Got it about 4 years ago, price has gone up quite a bit since then. It was fun to build, even more fun to ride. I love it... It will not fit in a car, too BIG. I have it titled and licenced here is AZ as a OHV (Off-Highway Vehicle). I put a headlight, tail and brake lights on it. I ride around my neighborhood with my 2 daughters on their DB's. The police see us and just wave, but we take it pretty easy in the neighborhood.

The bad dog kits look nice but I think over priced.

I don't know what you are looking for in a minibike. There are so many different styles, makes, suspension, non-suspension, big tires, small tires, and anything in between.

Answer me this.

What do you plan to do with the bike?

Do you want a real mini bike? small wheels, no suspension? Or maybe a mini cycle, with larger wheels and full suspension?

I gave this advice once before and the guy wasn't happy. A minibike is not a dirt bike and you can't treat it as such
I would plan on riding small trails and in big fields, I prefer suspension because I tend to be an agressive rider (ot too aggressive to damage the bike though) I also like bigger tires because of the same reason as above. However I like the lloks of the bad dog kits and since they have no suspension, I wouldnt ride it as hard. And I know mini bikes arent dirt bikes and I dont plan on using it as such. I learned earlier that I cant jump a mini bike and I could but it wouldnt last. But I would ride it up and down my street, around the park and some small trails.

toomanytoys

Well...

Check your Craig's list! There are tons of minis that need saving. A saved mini is more fun that a new one!

rupps look like little dirt bikes with a lawn mower engine. Check out Montgomery wards bikes and bonanza. the perfect bike for you would be a heath kit hill topper. 18" tires and full suspension. a true adult sized mini. They are tough to find. But heath kit boonies are plentiful. Rigid frame but big tires. they make great riders

I agree with toomanytoys. Find an old vintage frame and fix it up. It's much cheaper and way more rewarding. You have the best resource at your diposal, it's called the OldMiniBikes forum. Plenty of guys here will help you with any questions you might have. Whatever you decide, good luck and have fun that's what this is all about! :thumbsup: