Baja Headlight

I've got a baja that I'd like to get a headlight for.

I want one that looks like a proper headlight that preferably mounts like the baja lights used to.

My baja is powered by a Predator, so I want a battery powered light.

Do I have any options out there that meet the above. If not, what options might I have for battery powered headlamp?

I also need a red tail light. Nothing fancy or too bright just something red.

Much thank for y'all's help!

noseoil

Here's what I did due to the "hemi" predator motor & no generator. I use the fake tank for small AGM batteries (2 - 1.4 A/H alarm panel batteries). Works pretty good for mine. Cheaper than the Baja headlight, generator setup for a predator & fairly easy to do, plus, plenty of light with the 2 LED's.

Y-1s.jpg

Wire.JPG

Light-2.jpg

You can also look on Amazon for bike lights which can work with the existing mount, just a bit of tinkering to make it fit.

Thanks for the reply! Googling "AGM batteries (2 - 1.4 A/H alarm panel batteries)" and variations of that doesn't return anything like your photos. Would you mind posting specifically what it is you bought?

Thanks again!

FWIW I would like to go with something more like a classic motorcycle headlamp, but definitely am interested in your batteries.

Also, I don't need a ton of light, I only need something visible to others.

Last edited:
I've got a baja that I'd like to get a headlight for.

I want one that looks like a proper headlight that preferably mounts like the baja lights used to.

My baja is powered by a Predator, so I want a battery powered light.

Do I have any options out there that meet the above. If not, what options might I have for battery powered headlamp?

I also need a red tail light. Nothing fancy or too bright just something red.

Much thank for y'all's help!
Black

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/mb200-148-baja-oem-headlight-black.html

Chrome

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/mb200-149-baja-oem-headlight-chrome.html

Could that be powered by a battery? If so, any recommendations? I'd be looking for a cheap and most importantly an easy solution.

Thanks!
Yes you can with a 12 volt battery, its the factory 12 volt light. If I were going to power it with a battery I would replace the bulb with an LED bulb. Much more efficient.

noseoil

Yep, a LED bulb is the way to go, very little battery drain compared to a filament bulb & much brighter. Even the small bicycle lights with batteries are good with LEDs running. There are a bunch to choose from.