Baja Heat Question

mnibike

Hey I just bought a Baja Heat for 200$ and was wondering if the mods from agk for the gx160/200 will work on this 6.5hp engine? Thanks.

they should.

post a pic so we can see what's in it. if it's a 6.5, it's most likely a clone and you can spend lots of money on it.

Oh yeah,no problem.I have the mini baja which is basically the same bike,I tore the motor down and its a 200gx clone,you won't have any problem hopping it.I'm not finished mine yet.

Last edited:

fonz

UTube has a few videos of guys who have swapped out their gear reduction unit and installed a Torq-a-Verter. Looks like it really goes. I'd do the same if I could find one for 200 bucks!

Do the AGK Straight Headers fit on this bike?,
or will it hit the frame.

I have one of the older versions called Hawg-Ty.

Last edited:
I tried a 2 stage exhaust from AGK and it was hitting the frame(Candy cane won't fit either)I tried bending the pipe but in trying that,I over heated the pipe and it kinked so I decided to have it custom made:weld:(should have done that in the first place)Now she fits in sweet.I also had a bracket put on for added strenth then I had it painted and baked for 2hrs and added header wrap(not in photo)Hope that helps.

Which TAV-2 did you use on your Heat? Is it the 218353A (3/4" bore with a 40 series chain)? A friend of mine is looking for one, but its tough to find one for a 420 chain. I had heard that the 218353A would work, but wondered if someone had tried. Was it a bolt on job, or were there modifications to the frame, engine mount etc? Thanks!

Which TAV-2 did you use on your Heat? Is it the 218353A (3/4" bore with a 40 series chain)? A friend of mine is looking for one, but its tough to find one for a 420 chain. I had heard that the 218353A would work, but wondered if someone had tried. Was it a bolt on job, or were there modifications to the frame, engine mount etc? Thanks!
Yup,its the 218353A 40/41 chain.When I mounted the tav,I cut the backing plate to fit it above the frame but now I've modified my bike by raising the motor 1/2 inch and if you do that,you don't have to modify the tav and it just bolts on.If you want more info and pictures,just goto the second link in my signature.

Glad to hear it fit without having to modify the frame. Cutting the TAV backing plate is no sweat, we had to do that on the DB's. I just wasnt sure if the rear wheel support would get in the way of the driven units pully.

His bike came with a 420 series chain on it. From what I have read, it should work fine on the 40/41 series chain TAV.

Good deal, I'll get one ordered up. Although I hate to get him one, he already crushes us with the stock set up on the trails because of that dang front suspension. Just cruises over rocks that we have to slow down for!

baja heat

I also have recently purchased a baja heat mini bike.im going to convert to the tav 2 setup as soon as it comes in the mail.....my question is that you are saying to raise the motor a half inch?is that the easy way or is there a different way i can do it?or just modifiy the plate that comes with the converter?

hey dr gadgets thats a nice mini bike you got there......whats the gauge for on it.and where can i get a tank for mine?
The gauge is a volt meter,I had to add that for the electrical system that I added to the bike,the gas tank I got from Kijiji(Canada) which is like craigs list for americans,I got lucky and got one that was brand new.Its a 1995 harley sportster 883 tank and it fits perfectly but you have to modify the seat bracket.

I also have recently purchased a baja heat mini bike.im going to convert to the tav 2 setup as soon as it comes in the mail.....my question is that you are saying to raise the motor a half inch?is that the easy way or is there a different way i can do it?or just modifiy the plate that comes with the converter?
I found that raising the motor is the esiest way but you may have trouble putting gas in the tank if you keep the fake tank,there's room but its tight.Thats why I put a real tank plus I can put more gas and travel all day without having to fillup.You can get more info at my signature below.

BTW-The pics above are out of date,The bike has been upgraded substantially since those pictures were taken and I'm still upgrading...should be finished in about a week or so.

thanks man

ill oprobubly modify the torq-a-verter then cause it will take me some time to find a tank around here....im in michigan smack in the middle of the state.does your bike have a stock carb on it i also am haveing trouble figureing out how to make it idle.the idle screw is missing so i have it rigged currently...got my bike used and are makeing slow adjustments too it....your bike is sweet man...nice workand ill for sure let you know how mine comes out.