Baja Warrior Build

A.J.

Hello Everyone! I'm new to oldminibikes, and although I've built a few small engines and had a few projects, this will be my first true "mini bike".

My mini bike adventure started a month ago when I decided I wanted another fun little project that I could build/thrash and rebuild for fairly cheap. I initially found a Doodlebug on craigslist that someone had swapped a 212 Predator motor in. However, I wasn't extremely fond of the chassis, and the guy was asking $500.. Hah! Anyway, this got me interested, and so I kept looking. Soon I found my current bike, a 2014 Baja Warrior, bone stock and in great shape. Needless to say I got it for a little more than half of what the Doodlebug owner wanted.

Anyway, enough droning on! Here's what the bike looks like now:

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_2123.JPG

I did not even know these bikes existed before I found this one, but I have to say I love it. The looks are awesome, and I can actually fit on it comfortably(I'm 6' 3") It runs great, and so far has exceeded my expectations for a Chinese bike.

I think the GX200 clone is a fantastic platform, and I'm excited to build it, especially knowing that if it blows up I can bolt all my aftermarket parts onto a Honda engine!

Build Plans:
Step 1: (Parts on order from OldMiniBikes Warehouse)
-Intake
-Exhaust
-Rejet Carb
-Performance Spark Plug

Step 2:
-Front Disc Brake

Step 3:
-Torque Converter

Step 4:
-Ride it until it blows, then swap it for a Honda and continue.

Last edited:

Valocalrep

Great starter project and welcome to all the fun there are a lot of great minds around here. Those bikes are great rides and make mean machines

A.J.

Thanks! I've been reading around the forum for a bit now, and it seems pretty chill. I'm excited to post my progress and lend my experience.

buckeye

Nice project.
This forum chill? Wait til something controversial comes up..:laugh:
Nah, you right. Great folks around these parts. :thumbsup:

A.J.

Took this thing out for its first true test run the other day(one that didn't involve riding through neighborhood back alleys). Went out to the desert and rode on some un-official dirt bike tracks. I have to say despite it having a single speed and a cheap, noisy clutch, it runs really consistently over uneven terrain and keeps its speed going up hills as well.

The governor does a great job of keeping the engine speed in a smooth range. I think I may be one of the only mini bike owners that actually plans on keeping the governor. Lol

A.J.

Received the parts yesterday from OldMiniBikes Warehouse to complete the first stage of my build.
I ordered the stage 1 mini-bike kit, as well as a racing spark plug. I also got some exhaust wrap because of the location of the pipe right under the seat. Don't need any burns!

image.jpeg

I'll post pics of the before and after this weekend, as well as my thoughts on the kit. I also plan to do a comparison video to show the performance gains after each stage of the build.

Last edited:
I plan to keep my gov on all bikes unless i build a race bike, i think they run great as they are and is easy to handle
Yeah, I realize that removing the governor is the least expensive way to make power, at least until the engine explodes. But the right way to do it is giving it more power and torque at those lower RPMs, then increasing top speed through gearing, rather than faster engine speeds.

Unfortunately, I was unable to do any building and reviewing this past weekend, because my kit shipped incomplete. It was missing the carb jets and emulsion tube(not a big deal, people are people, mistakes happen). However, what I can review is the customer service from OldMiniBikes Warehouse.

I contacted them on Monday, because they were closed over the weekend, to let them know about the problem. They were very quick to respond to my e-mail, and shipped the missing parts very quickly. It is now Thursday, and the parts just arrived. No fuss, no problem and quick shipping. It is a relief to see that kind of good customer service from an online vendor, as this kind of thing seems to be dying out. So thank you OldMiniBikes Warehouse!

With that being said, the build begins this weekend!

Last edited: