Basic Bob drag bike build-up

looks awesome:biggrin:
drill three holes in the rear gusset though, 2 small ones, 1 big one:shrug:
haha but anyways looks good!
Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Tyler, not a bad idea, i was looking at this bike last night and thinking along the same lines. The front frame gusset on this bike is almost the same shape as my rear gusset and it got me thinking

Ratbike

correct me if i'm wrong but i saw slag on the weld which i would assume means bob uses a tried and true stick welder. don't TIG welds have a more pronounced/spread out "stack of dimes" appearance?
Stack of dimes look comes from the circular motion not the type of welder...just from my opinion and experience...:shrug:

u should have went with a live axle setup. would have made your life easier with engine/sprocket alignment.
Wow, you have not been around much, it was kind of nice. Then you come back and manage to be the ONLY one to tell me what I'm doing wrong with my build. I asked for criticism/comments, but I bought the bike I wanted and went with the set-up I wanted due to price point. My sprocket/engine alignment is dead nuts on. Not sure why you think i'm having a hard time with it.:thumbsup:

wasnt saying you were having problems with the alignment... just simply stating the fact that it is easier, a little more expensive yes, but stronger then what u got. :thumbsup:

Had a problem with my valve train and timing, had to wait on a part to remedy. Finally got the bike out for a sluggish test run.

Carb is very very rich and I am running a damn 15t driver on the clutch. Need to change both of those things and the engine should liven up. The sound of the engine makes me cringe, I know....but its a starting point.

Few more dial in runs before I take the frame to be painted. I might need an idler, my chain popped off on a previous run (not filmed).

I swear i'm not a giant, this frame is slammed. Oh and I was running the last bit of gas through the fuel lines there at the end, couldn't even get the engine to roll me back to the car!

First run with Bob frame - YouTube

Last edited: