Basic Bob drag bike build-up

looking good already! cant wait too see it all come together!
like the stretch on it, but damn that thing is low,knee dragger, but if ya fall you wont have a far fall lol
where did ya get that clutch ?
looks great man keep us posted for sure!
I got the clutch from KD. And yes that sucker is slammed, but like you said, aint got too far to fall if it happens :lol:

MiniBike Paul

I thought that TB reccomended that you gusset the steering head, the rear axle mounts, etc., along with the strengthening you already did???? I have one of his frames and was told by some of the Ana St drag racers that it was essential! What do you think???

I thought that TB reccomended that you gusset the steering head, the rear axle mounts, etc., along with the strengthening you already did???? I have one of his frames and was told by some of the Ana St drag racers that it was essential! What do you think???
Hey Paul, thanks for the feedback. You guys hear more than I do down here in Texas about the integrity of these frames, so I take that as golden advice.
I know how to gusset the steering head, but how would I gusset the axle mounts on this bike? I could understand gusseting a set up that had bearing hangers/casettes but I'm not wrapping my mind around how I would gusset a piece of tubing?

i noticed the the axle tubes are welded to the rear of the frame were the lower bend is located. could you take an 1/8 piece of plate steel formed to that bend and notched to go around the axle tube and weld the gusset in that way? just a thought.

MiniBike Paul

There are some incredible fabricators on here, and TB is on here too; wish he or someone really qualified would jump in!

But what you described is what I was thinking also! Ask Gaurdrail Dave for pictures of how JD beefed up his bike that GRD now owns!

Played around a little today with chain sprocket alignment. Figured I'd might as well try out a new pipe too. I still have a bit of tweaking to do on the engine, I see that it's got a slow drip of oil out of the valve cover after it's been running. Some RTV will remedy that, as I do not have a sealer/gasket on on the side of the valve spacer facing the head.

‪s pipe‬‏ - YouTube