Bead setting grease!!

Took my 6'' Snow Hog tires to my local tire shop to have them set the bead on one that was distorted as I tried the ratchet strap and starting fluid trick to no avail!! I expected him to hit the bead with the usual precompressed tank to do the job but the new guy suprised me with something I havent seen before and slathered both sides of the bead with a very thick tire grease made fore setting beads!! It was put on liberaly on both sides and filled any gaps but as soon as he hit it with air through the valve stem it filled up no problem!! Just wanted to share!! Wouldnt mind having some of that around the shop!! Messy to clean up though!! This is the only pict I have as I was shocked at what he was doing and didnt take before pictures!!

Thought I would share!! :thumbsup:

I'll be more than happy to stop back by my tire place and find out exactly what that stuff is if anyone is interested!! :thumbsup:

Its not grease its oil soap.Was originally made by Murphy,s but now there are other brands.
Comes in small to large (55 gal. drum) containers.Works good to mount tires also (bead lube).Dont use too much on passenger tires it gets inside and messes with balance.
Ive been in the truck and off road tire business since 1984.

MB165

thats some good stuff, i used to mount up skid steer tires it worked everytime.
this stuff fills the gap between the tire and rim allowing the tire to take air, once the bead sets just take the stuff and put it back in the barrel. other ways we more commonly know....... tie down around the center of the tire, starter fluid.