before posting, please read - re: try to post topics in the correct section

we get a lot of new people on this site that have not been on a message board before. i know some people find them confusing and hard to navigate at first so just take some time to learn where stuff is. the layout of this site is pretty easy if you just take a few minutes to see what sub-sections there are.

since this is oldminibikes.com the main focus is the vintage stuff. a lot of us (including myself) are into the Honda/clone engines and the Baja DB and Warrior bikes. many members on here don't like that stuff at all and would rather not see it. We have a Doodlebug sub-section under General where posts regarding DBs and the bigger Warrior style bikes should go. the sames goes for the Honda/clone engines.

here are some direct links to those sections:

Baja Motorsports - Doodlebug MiniBikes - OldMiniBikes.com Forum - sub-section of the General Minibike Talk section

Honda / Clone Engines - OldMiniBikes.com Forum - sub-section of the Engine section

when posting a new thread, check to make sure you're putting it in the proper section. if you really don't know where it should go, just post it where you think it belongs. myself or the other moderators can easily move posts that are in the wrong section when we come across them.

one last thing, if you do a search and find a post please check the date before posting. we try to discourage people from bringing back old threads (like 6+ months old) just to post something like "hey!!!! i have that same bike!!!!". if you do this, be prepared to have people give you a hard time about it. :smile:

remember, it's just the internet so don't take things on here too personally. a lot of us have fun giving people a hard time about things. it's nothing personal. :thumbsup:

Hi from NM,
I just moved from CO to NM. When I was a kid, I had a Lark Wren mini-bike and it was stolen from our garage in El Paso, TX, in the summer o f1969. A co-worker of mine told me about this site and I hope to find another Lark Wren mini-bike to buy.

Actually, it was a Lark Bird. It was red with a white gas tank, a white banana seat, and butterfly handlebars. I think the engine was 2 or 2.5 hp.

hard to find

I am 43 yrs old.I have had my fox sundowner for over 25 years and need parts.Some frame parts,some motor parts.It has a sachs saxonette 2 speed automatic.If I can't find parts,maybe someone could give me an idea of what it would be worth.

I'm here as a fan of the Tri-Sport by Alsport. My brother bought his brand new back in the mid to late 70's and it was a blast! Of several versions he chose the model with a 360 snowmobile motor. These three-wheelers had been in development long enough that his was about as good as they ever got. Fast fast fast, he immediately reduced the final sprocket size and reached around a hundred miles an hour!
I recently found the frame of a tri-sport in a junk yard and am now gathering the parts needed to make it go go go! My engine is a 488 Polaris and I'll use the centrifugal clutch drive from the same snowmobile. I haven't yet found my drive axle. I've seen steering problems with solid axles so I want something that'll slip one side much like a lawnmower but I don't think a lawnmower axle is gonna be stout enough for the kinda power I'll have.
I've found a few online photos of the tri-sport but nothing yet that shows much detail.
Hope to hear from others interested in or having similar projects.

I'm not sure your trike used a differential and what length-but you can go to NorthernTool.com and they sell a 38" long 1" shaft differential for $99. The gearbox is in the center. If this doesn't work you may need to locate a differential from a lawn tractor, they are usually 3/4" shafted and gearbox is off center. Then again there are trikes that have a very short differential and use universal jointed shafts. Do you know what type rearend your trike uses? Well good luck.

Another So Cal guy

Hello people-
Never was totally into dirt bikes, but I had a couple Sears mini bikes and karts. Became very familiar with every Briggs I encountered. Many cast iron 3 hps found their way into these rigs. Tons of fun. Never thought I'd find a bunch of similarly-minded sickos...!
Great site. Just found it, and sure to explore more!
Does anyone know anything about O&R engines? I ended up with a NOS, never-been-run thingy I know nothing about. It has some kind of viscous coupled clutch and a 12-tooth sprocket.
Hit me with a note if anyone has info. Near as I can tell, its never been run. Its small (even for 2-stoke), but looks like it could run a mini-mini, maybe for the nephews...
Cheers
Craig

i Hola ! mis Amigos... Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Hagman. My Grandfather Robert Victor ("Vick") had us wrenching on li'l engines when we were but li'l lads... I have always admired the artistry and diversity of these awesome machines, and when ever able, try to keep in touch with that anxiety and exhilaration that only comes from a chattering, air-cooled, 2-stroke as it idles on a crate... Before we had plastic tanks, radiators and mono-shocks, I remember the days of gleefully careening on all metal rockets with 2 wheels.. God bless 'em!

[er]

Re hello

New here and saying hello to all. Name is Joel I grew up with a Rupp and have recently acquired a 70's era Trapper with a sachs motor unsure of cc's or hp any info is what I'll be searching for. Also powerdyne pro ring a bell with anyone?
:thumbsup: to minibikes

Hello all. New to the site. Looking for parts to an old honda ct70 which I used to have as a kid and am now fixing one up for my kids. Great site!

This a
we get a lot of new people on this site that have not been on a message board before. i know some people find them confusing and hard to navigate at first so just take some time to learn where stuff is. the layout of this site is pretty easy if you just take a few minutes to see what sub-sections there are.

since this is oldminibikes.com the main focus is the vintage stuff. a lot of us (including myself) are into the Honda/clone engines and the Baja DB and Warrior bikes. many members on here don't like that stuff at all and would rather not see it. We have a Doodlebug sub-section under General where posts regarding DBs and the bigger Warrior style bikes should go. the sames goes for the Honda/clone engines.

here are some direct links to those sections:

Baja Motorsports - Doodlebug MiniBikes - OldMiniBikes.com Forum - sub-section of the General Minibike Talk section

Honda / Clone Engines - OldMiniBikes.com Forum - sub-section of the Engine section

when posting a new thread, check to make sure you're putting it in the proper section. if you really don't know where it should go, just post it where you think it belongs. myself or the other moderators can easily move posts that are in the wrong section when we come across them.

one last thing, if you do a search and find a post please check the date before posting. we try to discourage people from bringing back old threads (like 6+ months old) just to post something like "hey!!!! i have that same bike!!!!". if you do this, be prepared to have people give you a hard time about it. :smile:

remember, it's just the internet so don't take things on here too personally. a lot of us have fun giving people a hard time about things. it's nothing personal. :thumbsup:

Vic32

Hello people, I was talking to somebody at wicks rd car show Sunday. I was interested in the blue minibike you had. I was the guy with the grey sweatshirt. I am interested in buying that bike from you. I need to get in touch with you. Lets make it happen. Thanks Vic :scooter:

loch

hello everyone . just joined the site . i have four mini bikes now. i just bought a old manco yellowjacket for my grandson for 60.00 and it runs! . i have a db30 that i am wanting to put a honda motor on off of a old pressure washer. going to read the threads on how to do this . i will try and post some pictures of the yellow jacket very soon . I am really enjoying the site so far . thanks loch

JTW

Hey all. Name is Jake. I just bought an unknown mini bike. Looks like it might be a Mini Mate, but I can't tell for sure. At any rate, I'm into vintage mini bikes of all kinds and I'm looking forward to learning more about my bike and the many others on this forum.

Hello every one my name is dutch I live in the sacramento area. I am new to this site and already found it to be very resourcfull. I have a new motovox mbx 10 I got for next to nothing on cl. And plan to change the stock motor out for the hf6.5. I've been looking for places to ride and people to ride with but haven't ran into any one any way I will keep you guys posted on my project have a good one

Hello

Hi to all,
I was doing some research on a sweep meet find when I ran into this site. Happy to discover it was a PakJak, looking forward to the restoration that it will go thru. I have found many helpful posts that have guided me in the correct direction with this bike. BTW, is this too big to be considered a mini bike, is this a tote goat, what is the proper nomenclature for this monster? Happy to be here and I've been posting pics of my progress in the projects threads under "FastKat".

Hi to all from So. Calif. I'm new to this site and restoring mini bikes. I am working on two, a Powell Challenger complete less the original exhaust and a Gilson (I Think). This is a great site and will be leaning on some of you for help. Thanks in advance.

6doggie3

Welcome!

Hi to all from So. Calif. I'm new to this site and restoring mini bikes. I am working on two, a Powell Challenger complete less the original exhaust and a Gilson (I Think). This is a great site and will be leaning on some of you for help. Thanks in advance.
Post a pic and the frame # in the Prodject's or in Photo collection area"Powell Scrapebook"

hello oldminibikes. My mane is moto and i'm almost 3yrs into my addiction. my love for these & need to know more drove me to the internet :eek:ut: I've got 2 duck birds both with hf 6.5s. also my new chopper that im so excited about. i'll get pics of my others up as soon as i figure out gallery & all that.