Best Clutch For Doodlebug Motor?

Can anyone recommend a good clutch for the stock 97cc motor on the racer? I think it is a 5/8 but will any 5/8 fit? Just picked one up real clean starts right up runs great full throttle when you lift the back end up but when you get on it to ride it barely wants to go? Thinking the clutch is shot? Any thoughts? I have a predator 212 going to upgrade to later but going to let my son work with this one to he gets a little older. Also any upgrade mods to the motor available?

thought it might need cleaning have not even taken the cover off yet. Still new at this I have only worked with torque converters what is the best way?

Thanks!

buckeye

There is a real good video on youtube. Cleaning and maintaing a max torque cluth.
You clutch isn't the same but, you'll get a idea.

And since you did ask about new clutches I would suggest the bored max torque from hotrodminibike.com The stock 97cc has a metric shaft. A 5/8ths clutch won't fit so they slightly bore a 5/8ths to metric so it fits

What is the black spring mod? I did a good cleaning and oil run a little better still will not even good 10mph seems to be slipping a lot? bike is in good shape has not been used all that much? When I lift the back end up it runs fine? is the clutch shot? should I get a new clutch and jackshaft route. Want to run this motor a little more until I finish building the 212 for it.

yes that is what I thought? It just wont move? it is very clean where do I get the black spring from, also where is the screw with the spring I hear people adjusting or removing?
can't seem to find it? anyone have a picture?

Thanks Again for the help!