best way to haul your mini bikes????

trailramdan

id like to rig up a little trailer to haul my mini bikes behind my malibu wagon....anyone have pics of their set ups? tips or insight? thanks fellas

trailramdan

i used the search option and didnt find the thread... hook me up with it if you have time....I think it would be pretty slick to have a small trailer that i could safely secure a couple of bikes in it for transport..look even cooler behind my wagon lol

id like to rig up a little trailer to haul my mini bikes behind my malibu wagon....anyone have pics of their set ups? tips or insight? thanks fellas
Sorry I can't help with your "hauling" question; but I'd like to see a picture of your Malibu Wagon. What year is it? I like old cars too.

toomanytoys

Maybe one of those Malibu max or whatever they were called a few years ago.

I haul mine in my ram or ranger. A small mini will fit in the back seat of my ram.

trailramdan

can ya show how ya secured them down...thats what im shooting for, have them both upright and side by side....im sure id have to secure the front wheel, and use a chock for the rear and straps

I bought this trailer last summer. It was on sale and I got it for 149.99. Had to assemble it, it tows well. Slap piece of plywood on it and it will be great for towing a mini bike.
Rap213
Heavy Duty Utility Trailer - 870 Lb. Capacity[/Q

Cool Wagon you have. I'm a child of the "Family Wagon" Days so they have a special place in my heart. I like it. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Now back to the regularly scheduled discussion.

delray

trailramdan, i will have to dig up some pictures a wagon like your body style that guy made into a 2 door and yes he did it right. use the doors off of a two malibu......:thumbsup:
seeing that you have steel/chrome bumbers. maybe something like this would work on the back.

delray

trailramdan, i will have to take some pictures of are units. i believe mind are little different then the ones i posted. they have more of a hook on them to rap around the back lip of the bumper.............:scooter:

delray

ok, here is a better picture of what the ends look like. i think if you want your chrome to still look nice. you might want to wrap something between the chrome and metal bracket........:thumbsup:
brackets posted here. are the original units use to haul are columbia/mtd minibike and are still adjusted to mount on a 1976 dodge van rear bumper. sold that van in early spring 0f 1983. they have never been use after that.

trailramdan

what id like to rig up is a small trailer to haul 2 mini bikes to pull behind my wagon or my cherokee.....id like to feel safe they are in the trailer and not going to tip over or fall out lol....

Just bought one of the 870 lb limit HF trailers (179.00) Went together easy and with a piece of plywood you're about 200.00 and can haul two mini bikes no problem or alot of other things that need hauling. Tows very easy even, behind my Aveo (80 MPH). build a set of removable sides and you have solved a lot of problems for a little money.
outdoorguy