Big Bear Scrambler

I have a question, does anyone know what the corect length the down tube should be? mine has be cut and lengthened so they could bend the back bone. And how do the forks come apart?

JTG

If the "down tube" is the tube which connects the fork mounting tube to the lower portion of the frame then the length is 12 inches. The most important measurement is the fork angle which is 65 degrees. To disassemble the shocks, remove the 2 quarter inch bolts, spray WD-40 in all the openings on the forks including the grip section. Twist the shock both directions to make sure it is free. Then pull the lower section of the shock out of the tube. What you should have is the lower section of shock, the compression spring and the upper stop section all attached together. If the shock is stuck and you pull too hard on the shock, you will disconnect it from the spring or the stop.

Hey HP
Sorry I couldn't help provide you with this info..
My BB Scramblers is up at Scooterboys getting some much needed work done on her.

Looks like CC51 got matters under control here:thumbsup:

What BB Scrambler ??? :shrug:
:thefinger:
I just hauled the stuff, I didn't open the box! Honest! :biggrin:
There was a nice 580 in one box.....and a bunch of scrap tubing in the other box. Good thing I have a friend that scraps....he got it outa here:thumbsup:
Thanks Scoot. I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

WOW that was a 4 banger