Bird and Arco projects

About a week and a half ago I picked up these 2 rollers. One is a bird and the other is an Arco. I stripped both of them to bare metal and fabricated a scrub brake for both.The Birds forks were just slightly bent in, so I heated them up and straightened them , and while I was at it I heated the handlebars and pushed them out about an inch or so . I didn't want them to be knee bangers.

I went with Purple on the bird. It has a 3hp Briggs.

Before

after

The Arco is painted Candy Blue. I picked up a 3.5hp Tecumseh for it. Here is some pics of its progress

before

Well I think I got the Bird sold already. A guy from Pittsburg is coming Saturday. He wanted to wait till the Arco was done ,so he could have his pick.

I made some progress on the ARCO today.Got the motor all painted ,My Odeon grips came in the mail. just waiting for my seat. I cant ever get paint to not blister on the gas tank , so I brush finished it , and I am going to clear it with some Engine clear.

I like the arco. I just picked up the same model last month and I'm still trying to decide what color powder to throw on it. Nice job man. Did you blast the bike or sand it?

I like the arco. I just picked up the same model last month and I'm still trying to decide what color powder to throw on it. Nice job man. Did you blast the bike or sand it?
I always try to keep the cost down,I have more time than money so I wire wheel and sand everything.

The paint is Duplicolor Metalcast Blue. It looks even better in person.:thumbsup:

Nice work, and fast! I cant get caught up enough to get to my projects, I am ashamed to say how long my sons arco based bobber project has been underway! In all fairness we have changed engines twice, added a springer seat, added some donor pedals as pegs, made a chainguard and put a BMI spring loaded tensioner on it! Here it is but you can see the stages on the "
trash to treasure" update thread in project logs.....

gbones

Nice work, and fast! I cant get caught up enough to get to my projects, I am ashamed to say how long my sons arco based bobber project has been underway! In all fairness we have changed engines twice, added a springer seat, added some donor pedals as pegs, made a chainguard and put a BMI spring loaded tensioner on it! Here it is but you can see the stages on the "
trash to treasure" update thread in project logs.....
do you have any pics of your chain tensioner?