Bonanza BC 1300 neck bushings

I am just about to paint my hodaka BC 1300sh project. Only problem is that I can't get the old neck bushings out. I have already ruined good parts because I didn't know what I was doing. I don't want to mess up the frame.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!

Derek

markus

I have a rougly 16" piece of 1/2 solid rod that I slide in from one side and angle it in so it will hit the bushing edge on the inside and tap it out, Gotta keep working around it to get it to somewhat drive out fairly straight. They are not really a reusable item but they are dirt cheap and should be replaced at some point in the bikes life at least so dont sweat messing them up. You will need to, or at east should, do the swingarm bushings too.

This is what I use to reinstall new bushings in, I do it the same way at the headtube:

This what I do for installing the bearings for the jackshaft:

Derek,

I recall using a 1/4 or 3/8" brass drift to remove them. Sitting on the bike (forks are removed), place the drift into the top bushing hole and tap the bottom one out. Moving the drift around as you tap, will be required. Once that is bushing is removed, invert and support the frame and drive out the remaining (top) one.

New bushings are available online from vendors such as Motion Industries

Just like Markus said. I usually use some old axel I have laying around. Just catch the lip inside the neck and tap all around the edge. They will come out very easily. One of the few mini bike parts that do come out easy.:laugh: