Bonanza BC 1300 SH and a Hodaka ACE 100

Heres my project I'm getting the frame sand blasted over christmas. The engine fires and runs really great. I just have to get the paint for the engine and this thing is ready for its final pictures. Does anyone now what the color for The Bonanzas bikes were called?:2guns::chinese:

Bryan Check out this picture
If your planning on using a Hodaka engine you will need the engine mounting brackets you can just see them in this picture you might be able to make them in school I can send you a template from the ones I have for my chopper.

Last edited:
Sh stands for special hodaka. The 1200 came with a 3.5 horse and there were three differen't 1300 models. The 1300sh the 1300 came with a 4hp and an optional light the 1300 t came with a 4hp and a crome muffler

So that's a BC1200 that you're gonna' convert to Hodaka power? I briefly thought about a similar conversion for one of my BC1200s, but it seems most of those Hodaka parts are made of gold... especially complete Ace 90/100 engines.

subscribing.

mardyn

I don't have the original pipe but the pipe I have will work(I'm not giving Dave Miller any of my money) I am not converting a 1200 frame to a 1300SH the bike came with the bonanza hodaka motor mountsTHE BIKE I HAVE IS A BC 1300 SH. The engine was a steal. It was 50 dollars and everything was there except the kick start bar and the shifter bar.

Last edited:
Since you bought the engine separately, how do you know it is a 1300sh? It is missing key parts to be a 1300sh. Motor mounts are a clue but after 40 years???? Not a big deal since the frames are the same. Also the "correct" engine would have a serial number starting with "E".