Bonanza MB 1210TC mini bike restoration

Hello Everyone,

Here are some pictures of my son Matt's High School Senior project the restoration of a Bonanza MB 1210TC mini bike. In the pictures he is powder coating his frame Chevy Orange. Does anyone know what type of throttle assembly goes on this particular mini bike? Can anybody send me pictures of the rear shock assembly and how long it is eye to eye? We have to get a seat made, order new tires, make an ID tag for the frame, and order bearings, cables, and all the little things to finish the bike. Does anyone know what years this bike might have been produced? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

John

Hello Everyone,

Here are some pictures of my son Matt's High School Senior project the restoration of a Bonanza MB 1210TC mini bike. In the pictures he is powder coating his frame Chevy Orange. Does anyone know what type of throttle assembly goes on this particular mini bike? Can anybody send me pictures of the rear shock assembly and how long it is eye to eye? We have to get a seat made, order new tires, make an ID tag for the frame, and order bearings, cables, and all the little things to finish the bike. Does anyone know what years this bike might have been produced? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

John

Jmoe131
Nice looking project hope this helps you and your son Matt..

markus

Jmoe

I'm building an MX but the frame they used for you bike I believe is the same as mine-minus the tall plates.

for those Bonanza used Sebac shocks, 11 3/4" eye to eye. This shock was used on alot of applications and they made them in various lengths that arent all that noticeable at a glance so if you come across a nice set verify the length is correct.

I think the original throttle assy was Cherry brand, as the grips appear to be (these are reproductions made by "Strictly Hodaka") the throttle assy itself from cherry are pretty common, these grips are not anymore though. The footpegs pictured are also repops from strictly Hodaka, they actually look like or are Hunt wilde grips cut down, these repop ones are a little more rubbery with less shine though.

markus

I was talking with John about this bike via the PM's and I have to correct myself with this info. when I went back to view johns photos of the bike from before disassembly, It shows the shocks and they are not Sebac's they are the ones that I think Bonanza might have built in house. I have redone a similar set that they used on the 1500 in the past which used longer springs, which are easy to redo, as long as the springs are good. the set form the 1500 I had:

heres a pic of the bike they are redoing before the nice PC job :thumbsup:

they did make a "competition" version of this bike too I just spotted in a mini bike guide, that would have had the Sebacs to go along with the bigger wheels and forks, they called it the "trail TC"