Bonanza MX 1310 TCS

Heres what I know. It came with a 4hp Tecumseh a torq a verter and the only Bonanza with spoked wheels. I would like to know any aditional info on it please including how to tell the year of it, where I could get some fenders (not the 5million dollar ones from Dave Miller) and what color the frame was.:2guns::chinese:

george3

I wonder where I seen a bike like that before? The oem color was green. finally got the pic. up I see.

Last edited:

george3

Just looked at the pics. Not a mx 1310TCS. Does that bike have a serial number on the front of the engine plate? What does it say?

The rear converter sheave won't fit without the tall jackshaft plates. Don't know what it is. Maybe one of those made up from parts at the end of the day, at least until more information surfaces.

Wondered if someone here got it. I saw the ad shortly after it was posted but getting over to there in the middle of the week is a real pain. Need to retire so work doesn't get in the way anymore. Nice find.

Color? Suggest looking under the black paint. Maybe some of the original color will still be in some of the tight areas. The roller MB1210 I have was also painted all black but it was orange underneath on the frame and the rear fiberglass fender. Same color as your tank is under the black.

The test photo I posted was 3/72. I just re-read the test and they claim it was the same as the MX-1310-TC With the following changes, Wheels, Fuel tank, light kit and improved brakes "because of the M/C wheels used" And a lower gear ratio. Price $320.00
Test bike was black.:detective: I think. The photo's are black and white but comparing the frame to the engine and seat I would say black?
Apparently this was Bonanzas return after the take over, according to the article.

I figured out what I have. I have a MX 1510 with MX 1310 TSC rims. The reason I know why is because the tank is orange and the 1310 had a yellow tank. The 1510 was the only bike with a orange gas tank in the MX series. :laugh:

The 1410 had #35 drive chain and sprocket. I don't know much about the spoke wheels but they may not have had a #35 sprocket available. The picture Randy posted shows a large sprocket like yours with a tecumseh engine, and the chain looks larger than #35. Any imprint left by a motor or motor mounts would be helpful in determining what engine it had. Not saying it wasn't a Hodaka, it is almost 40 years later and could have had any number of engines. As of now there isn't anything to nail down exactly what model it is.

Yeah It did have the H50 I just remembered so I'll have to find a H50.
I'll have a lighted H50 when I get around to assembling it. .10 over, new valves and guides. It will be be fresh and ready to go, it was a mini engine so it has the correct crank and blower housing/linkage 1970 date code. When do you think you'll be looking? Or are you going to build one up?