Bonanza

Picked this up awhile back at one of our local scrap metal yards needs alittle tlc but runs and rides had to put harbor freight tire on the front says Bonanza SAN jOSE Ca dose anybody know any history on this make of scooter or how to tell age have ser #31 8217 thanks

The MX and the MB seem to be the same but I don't recall seeing one with no rear shocks.:confused:

It's got the smaller 7/8" frame and the right forks so it has to be.

Had a chance to buy one local about 6 months ago.

Mine has the swing arm brackets welded to the frame but a ridged mount rear wheel and solid seat mounting only front shocks looks like the same frame otherwise maybe earlier model has tec. engine couldn't tell hp

the swing arm brackets are on all bananza's. and seats aren't shocked the frames are.

I'm telling ya,,, this is weird! since it has 7/8" tubing it's not a put together from another model.

When I saw my first mini bike almost 50 years ago I had no idea how big the fastenation with these little scooters would become back then the home built ones i saw were made from old bicycle frames as was my first one 47 years ago if it has wheels and motors im interested

Well, this one is kinda unique so keep it stock!

Maybe Injun knows something about why it doesn't have the rear shocks. Other than the odd models, and motorcycle wanna bee's, Bonanza's had 1" tubing.

No air cleaner when i got the unit robbed it off junk edger at same parts outlet lol where i purchased the fine toy didn't want to loose it among my thousands of pieces of fine stuff i mean junk till i got the element so installed jip tie safety

Smallbikes88 what brand is the red scooter looks close but no swing arm brackets I'm wondering if some one broke the front forks when the bike was new and upgraded when they ordered a new set?

Smallbikes88 what brand is the red scooter looks close but no swing arm brackets I'm wondering if some one broke the front forks when the bike was new and upgraded when they ordered a new set?
It's the same bike as yours (seat an all) but someone butchered the bars. Just proves they made some without rear shocks but no ads show them. Has to be a 1200 of some kind.

I have heard from more than one person that at times Bonanza would put together bikes from whatever parts they had in inventory to fill orders and get them out the door. Sometimes the combos of parts didn't make exact models like we see in the brochures. I would think that other mfg's did the same thing at times too.

george3

The red one has the wrong forks should have the ones with bonanza emblem because no serial on engine plate. The green one has serial no. on the engine plate front. So it comes with forks that have no soled plate in the front like the emblem type. It would be classified a 1110 I think. 0010 I think, the 10 is the style of fork? 1000 no suspension 1100 front only 1110 that style fork. And 1210 that fork with rear suspension that is what I see in the styles. MB has 7/8 tubeing and BC has 1" tubeing I bet he has 7/8 tubeing MB1110 not as nice as the MB1210 with the rear suspension but cool find.