Boxed Rupp Roadster2 BRAND NEW

Here is a story, the stuff dreams are made of...A guy I know, here in Piqua, Ohio, who at one time was the largest Rupp minibike dealer in the country, has a 1971 Rupp Roadster2 still in the box...It has never been unpacked. Never gassed up and never had oil in the motor. Purple in color. I am trying to get him to let me take a picture of it. When I do, I will post pics. :scared:

I'm not saying it isn't true but weren't the roadsters assembled at the factory? That would be really cool to see an nos roadster though.

Tell Windber Jeff. He may be interested.
Jeff's dad showed my brother, dad and I what may be the only boxed Arctic Cat mini at Windber last year. It's quite a sight. I'd love to see what an NOS Rupp looks like now! Show us that picture and I'm sure Jeff would probably have an interest in it.

It does happen. This Fox Sundowner belongs to a friend of mine, it was one of four (two Fox's, two Birds) that were unearthed in a warehouse a couple years back. The boxes were destroyed from poor storage, but the bike is virtually brand new:thumbsup:.

I also know a guy that has a NOS Hodaka E code, in the box:scared:

you think what ya want....I asked him to show it too me, so he took into the basement of his old shop and in the corner. under a big tarp there it was. It was still on the shipping crate and in the box....Once I saw it I relized he was telling the truth....I took no pictures just so you would think it was not true....I don't care.

you think what ya want....I asked him to show it too me, so he took into the basement of his old shop and in the corner. under a big tarp there it was. It was still on the shipping crate and in the box....Once I saw it I relized he was telling the truth....I took no pictures just so you would think it was not true....I don't care.
i had a long fone chat with some guy last week who was Rabid about rupps.
he flipped back n forth from telling me how much they were worth to how he could get any rupp part he needed brand new for cheap,
and he said the guy was out of ohio too.
maybe same guy,i dunno.
i Was amused by the flipping prices part tho,sort of...
but it makes me wince for you guys who are restoring them and paying thru the nose.

edit:
to those naysayers,anything could happen.
i personally know where theres a 1970 6 pack V code cuda in a trailer and its been there since the guys barn got rickety in the 80-s.
almost brand new one owner,the glass and interior arent even faded.
i got lucky and saw the car itself about ten years ago,and im one of 3 or 4 people ever and he wouldnt let me take pics either.
he gave it to the son,who also wont do anything with it..so it slumbers in that trailer...what a waste...

Last edited:
I guess I don't understand the secrecy of not taking photos. Like members here will recognize background of the photos like Bill's basement corner or Jimmys tarp and barn. Am I overlooking something?