Brand new bonanza frames

cool but ouch. I could see him doing chopper frames for those with butchered frames and forks.

I'd still rather sandblast and restore a $70 original that was the real deal.:doah:

Really nice worth every cent! Dave Millers work is second to none! Yes pricy but think about the time and the labor you'll save sand blasting, soaking, repairing etc. I know some say thats the fun part of a restore. I guess its six of one half a dozen of another.:thumbsup:

Yep, if you want nice Bonanza stuff, he is the man !
Scooterboy is making those nice sprockets ! Now all we need is some nice repro kidney bean wheels !

Yep, if you want nice Bonanza stuff, he is the man !
Scooterboy is making those nice sprockets ! Now all we need is some nice repro kidney bean wheels !
Yeah I saw them extreamly nice! There is a guy on the net that is remanufacturing the Go Power rims as I recall very pricy as well don't recall if there doing the kiddny beans ?

AndyT

I guess if you had all the parts and just had a butchered frame, that wouldn't be too bad. If you wanted to put together a "new" Bonanza from parts, I'll bet you would be into for 3 times the cost of the frame! I'll watch for a nice roller or complete Bonanza. I'd love to have a nice 1300.

Yeah I saw them extreamly nice! There is a guy on the net that is remanufacturing the Go Power rims as I recall very pricy as well don't recall if there doing the kiddny beans ?
If I remember right, they are the 5" typeII . Or are there others. the ones I saw were being made in the original dies that someone found in a warehouse somewhere.

Nice frames and probably better that Bonanza did them. Look at the welds an you can really see the difference from the machine welds on original frames. When you figure what went in to producing them and the limited market, the price isn't all that bad. But you still need a bunch of stuff to complete it and if I spent that much on a frame I would only want the best for it. That's where the dollars really start to vanish.

Nice frames and probably better that Bonanza did them. Look at the welds an you can really see the difference from the machine welds on original frames. When you figure what went in to producing them and the limited market, the price isn't all that bad. But you still need a bunch of stuff to complete it and if I spent that much on a frame I would only want the best for it. That's where the dollars really start to vanish.
truckster52 very well stated!! Dave Miller use to work for Bonanza and his frames are exact in every detail and NOT for the faint @ heart especially in todays falling econmy.

With FREE SHIPPING! Ha what a joke for the price.Maybe this guy thinks since these frames are copies of vintage mini's then the price should be vintage too.
Not exactly a copy - He owns the name, and has resurrected the company. They are the real deal, just brand new.

Kinda like you can buy a new Taco nowadays too...built by dave Miller.

Not exactly a copy - He owns the name, and has resurrected the company. They are the real deal, just brand new.

Kinda like you can buy a new Taco nowadays too...built by dave Miller.
Actually I was meaning 800.00 for a modern copy is to much.It's not a vintage.Actually there should be a price difference between an original Bonanza frame made back in the day vs bending & welding frames that are copies of the Bonanza.You know an original Bonanza frame in good shape should always be worth much more than a modern copy of one.Vintage vs now. Everyone's going to have a different opinion on what these copies should sell for.And yes the Taco is overpriced too_Of course that's just how it is in America, pay 40 - 60% for the name and the rest for the actual materials.

Actually I was meaning 800.00 for a modern copy is to much.It's not a vintage.Actually there should be a price difference between an original Bonanza frame made back in the day vs bending & welding frames that are copies of the Bonanza.You know an original Bonanza frame in good shape should always be worth much more than a modern copy of one.Vintage vs now. Everyone's going to have a different opinion on what these copies should sell for.And yes the Taco is overpriced too_Of course that's just how it is in America, pay 40 - 60% for the name and the rest for the actual materials.
I agree it's more than I would ever pay, but I don't think a guy could make a living building them for a couple hundred bucks. Being in business myself I can tell you that the government takes 40% right off the top, not to mention renting a building, insurance, equipment, etc.

My overhead here is about 30K a month, and I work more hours and make less money than I did when i worked for someone doing the same thing.