Brand New Rupp Black Widow

furyus

Slanted intake? Black Widows came with Dellorto carbs. The exhaust should be on the right side, too, not the left. And the rear fender is wrong. It is a nice clean bike, but if it's a Black Widow it's been restored incorrectly. Definitely not new - Rupp went under in '78.

furyus

Slanted intake? Black Widows came with Dellorto carbs. The exhaust should be on the right side, too, not the left. And the rear fender is wrong. It is a nice clean bike, but if it's a Black Widow it's been restored incorrectly. Definitely not new - Rupp went under in '78.

furyus
My original and my B/W clone had Delltoros but I thought it was an option. I had bought them as a collection with several other nice Rupps. This is nice but he's in outer space if he cant see it's restored.:eek:ut:

Were do you want to start. :doah: Its all wrong, Seller is just trying to scam the one's that do not now the difference. Somebody got a Rupp frame painted it black put a Tecumseh powersport 4hp engine on it. It has the wrong fenders on it. Wheels are to be chrome and hubs zinc plated. Also did he ever think that a new set of tires would have the titties on. If its a Rupp BW the tires would have Rupp Motocross on the side walls.

Hustler and Scrambler said Rupp motocross on them and they were 10 inch tire.
71 Rupp BW and Enduro had the 12" Rupp Motocross tire on them.
71+ Roadster had Rupp Trails tires on them,
Also IRC made them for Rupp. Mine have that on them in a little logo on the tire.

ok i have a frame that everyone thought it was a 71+ roadster but has the rupp motorcross tires but all i had was a frame and wheels. anyway to tell if it was a bw ?

Serial number under the seat. Second number should be a 2. tag should be something like this. 12******. We were talking about S/N for the Blackwidow with Brandt and Jeff Milhko this year at Portland show one night by the Campfire. I guess in 72 there was one of the bikes that has a 22****** on the tag, I can't remember which bike it was for sure. But I have the tag off my 72 Hustler it read 2200316, I think in 71 Roadster were a 6. Rupp S/N can be confusing even in the snowmobiles from year to year.

You can build them up to good running bikes without a ton of money into them, It just when someone throw something like that on ebay trying to profit from a fake BW, It's annoying. And think about the guy who bid on it at 1999.oo and when he gets it only to find out its a fake! He not going to be a happy camper. Maybe he find this site trying to show it off and he gets shot down that its a Fake BW from all of us.

They look to the 12 inch ones because the brake hub is internally built into the hub, They were painted because the chrome was shot like most of the spoke wheels on the Rupps bikes, They did not want to spend the money re-chroming them, But there asking 2k for it.
The 1970 Rupp 10 inch wheels had hubs/sprocket that bolted to the aluminum hubs.

jrzmac

My Scrambler tires say "Rupp Trials"...maybe they came with the Motorcross ones and then somebody put these on at some time.

I had thought the Scrambler had the same tire as the Hustler, I have two original Hustlers and they have the 10" Rupp Motocross tires on them. I have a 71 scrambler in pieces but no tires for it, so i was amusing they were the same.

I,m wrong!, I just got out my 71 Rupp broucher and the Scrambler had Rupp 10" Trail tires on it. but 71 Enduro"s did have the 12" Rupp Motocross tires on them.

oldfatguy

I have a 1970 scrambler and the original tires on it are rupp trails. I think some of the 71 rupps had 10 inch rims but most had the 12 inch

I think the Sluttlers were too.. They were an off road tire..

Supernova, yes the black widows were all Deloroto carbs.. Thats not even an HS engine.. Looks like a 1993 H35 rototiller engine.. :laugh:

if so im a dumbass and most people will hate me :doah:
We all hate you jesse:001_tt2: No, you know I'm kidding.
Whats surprising is that it is a established seller. You would think he would have looked into it a little more? The ad seems like a total BS scam but he seems to sell a lot with a good track record so maybe he really don't know? But if I'm selling a 2k$ item that I don't know anything about I would research it some??