Brand new

Hey guys. Great website. I'm completely new to the minibike scene but I have a lot of experience building things that shouldn't be built. One example is the Baja Doodlebug I built with nitrous, intercooled supercharger and custom springer suspension. Have a look and tell me what you think. Thanks

THIS IS THE KINDA ISH THAT MAKES THIS FORUM SICK!! BLOWER WHINE FROM A MINI THATS TOTALLY INSANE!! WE'RE ALL WAITIN TO SEE THE VIDEO, :bowdown:

Here I thought you would have started with a 6.5 hp engine. How much internal work has been done to the stock engine. I need to see good running picture of it to believe it works, also video of it being rode down the road. The rest of the bike is nice and the front end looks good. There was some pictures of a Trail 70 that was suppose to be supercharged and it turned out to be a fake.

I assure you it is not a fake. I have run it with the nitrous and suspension etc. but not as a completed assembly. I mocked it up to see if it would work, and it did. I live in a suburb of Toronto Canada and today it was -16c. That's a bit chilly to be test-driving a minibike. I've had it running on the bench but I have not yet driven it and I have not run it with both the nitrous AND the supercharger at the same time. The idle is higher than normal so I have to re-work the clutch but as soon as I get video, I will be posting it. Thanks for the interest guys. It's really appreciated.:devil2:

What did you do to the internals, I would think you would blow the rod right out of that engine under full power with shot of NOS. How many pounds of boast is going into the engine. Those engine are that good to begin with.

The internals are stock. I re-torqued the head just for fun but I'm not too worried. They run at such a low compression ratio that I'm hoping it should be good for 5lbs of boost but as of right now I have not run it at full boost. Only 2lbs just to see if it would work. I'm waiting for spring and warmer weather to really tune it. I'll keep ya posted:thumbsup::scooter:

Have you removed the governor from the engine? How are you adding the extra fuel to support the nitrous and or blower? Have you checked the a/f ratio on a dyno to be sure the mixture is good? What are the torque specs for the head? I am asking because I plan on removing mine soon and will need those specs. I plan on extracting as much power as I can from this little engine too. Can you at least post a short (start up) video of your mini bike for now?

Thanks

Governors are for girls! :smile: I don't actually know what the torque setting is for the head. I just kept going through the headbolts and adding 5lb/ft of torque at a time until they were all the same (they weren't even close) and then I went an extra 5lb/ft for good measure. It's way too cold right now to do a full tune and I don't have a heated garage. We're all (me included) gonna have to wait for spring to see this thing in action. I've had it running but I haven't driven it. I have an air/fuel gauge and other carbs if needed so I'm not worried. I'll get it tuned. The most impressive thing when it was running was the sound. IT SOUNDS ANGRY!!! Even at idle! Can't wait! I'll keep ya posted.

I knew that was a smog pump you were using as a supercharger, very innovative and unusual! I would be curious to know just how much HP you are pushing! What kinda top speeds are you seeing? The leading link suspension is trick, does it articulate without binding? The reason I ask is the geometry is tricky but you do have an adjustable monoshock so it can be adjusted not to bind! Very cool! I like it, but it is too busy for me! Simplicity works better for me, I have a governed stock 6.5 clone powered DB that will actually go 42+ mph and spin 4900RPMs due to a little spring only! Simplicity! Your creation is awesome and if I had the time I might build something crazy! Again very Cool and I love the paintwork as well!:thumbsup:

:lol: Soooooooooooo to all of the (Whiney Know It All Doubters) out there... There ya have it... :laugh: Thats the by far the coolest Doodlebug I have ever seen.. :thumbsup: Now ya should focus your efforts on a Spercharged V Twin Briggs Vanguard :eek:hmy: