Briggs and Stratton Blower Housing Help

I was wondering if anybody could help me with replacing a blower housing on a 3hp Briggs and Stratton. This engine was on a Lil Indian mini bike but a few years back the bike was stolen and the they replaced the blower housing, I'm thinking to have different serial numbers on the engine. But anyway we got the bike back and I'm in the process of restoration. I really want to put the original blower housing back on the engine and was wondering how to replace the metal holder on the blower housing that holds the rewind cord in place. The piece I'm talking about has a circular indentation on the outside for a Briggs decal to be place.

Thanks
Nick

They are spot welded in place originally. Do you have access to a welder ?

Here's a 3 hp shroud I just got done powdercoating. See the little dimples next to each leg ? Those are the spot welds I am talking about.

125ccCrazy

I'd drill through the area where the legs attached to the cover and then plug weld the recoil back on from the backside...If you don't have a welder you could drill through the spot welds and rivet it on but then it won't look original..