briggs intek 6.5 hp i/c

ok i bought an intek 6.5 hp briggs and stratton and it did not have a govener so if i run it past 3600 rpm and float a valve how much of a risk am i at of punching a hole in the piston? and if there is a risk were can i get higher pound valve springs/cam/pushrods? i found peple saying animal parts will fit the inteks but that was on a 5.5 hp intek thread. and if they fit the 6.5's whats a link to a website that has them

Neck

Growing up is optional
I don't think you'll have to worry about punching a hole in a piston by valve float.
And search the web for Briggs Animal parts, you'll find what you need to know.

i found a parts diagram for a 206cc animal motor so im assuming its all the same size internals because mine is 206cc also. but i could be wrong they could have made the bore smaller and the stroke longer

125ccCrazy

Neck is correct, all the animal and World Formula parts interchange with the 206cc Intek.... This is my Intek I/C with all WF internals, pvl flywheel....

There are differences between the Intek and the Animal/WF. The bore and stroke of the 6.5 Intek and the Animal are the same. The Animal/WF block is dual roller bearing on both sides of the crankshaft. The Animal/WF also has a forged crankshaft. The Animal has a stronger squeeze cast rod. The WF rod is billet. The animal/WF also uses the PVL flywheel and coil. The cylinder head has different porting to allow more flow. The intek has a D shaped intake port. The Animal intake port is round. The carb is a Walbro PZ 22. I race go karts with these engines and I turn mine 7000-7300 all night long running on methanol fuel. I have lots of Animal parts. I build these engines for many of the local kart racers. Be glad to help you out.

my son found a 6.5 intek, we used the animal rod and a billet jr race car flywheel off of ebay, found that the inner spring of my jr dragster valve springs were about 18lbs and they worked fine no valve float what so ever.:thumbsup:

the only thing was that it would not run off of idle lean very lean so i drilled the fixed jet .070 untill it ran good which ended up at .078

it runs about 5100 rpm @ 47 mph (gps) runs good enough that i am not buying an animal carb yet :laugh:

bpoirier where were you when i built mine?lol

Last edited:
my son found a 6.5 intek, we used the animal rod and a billet jr race car flywheel off of ebay, found that the inner spring of my jr dragster valve springs were about 18lbs and they worked fine no valve float what so ever.:thumbsup:

the only thing was that it would not run off of idle lean very lean so i drilled the fixed jet .070 untill it ran good which ended up at .078

it runs about 5100 rpm @ 47 mph (gps) runs good enough that i am not buying an animal carb yet :laugh:

bpoirier where were you when i built mine?lol
Probably just down the road. I just got into the mini bike scene. Be happy to help you anytime with animal parts.

Neck is correct, all the animal and World Formula parts interchange with the 206cc Intek.... This is my Intek I/C with all WF internals, pvl flywheel....
Hi guys, new guy here. Thanks for a great forum. Lots of answers to lots of questions on these forums. By the way, this post helped me decide what engine to use on my home made mini.:drinkup:
The photo shows a Powersport engine that I'm taking out to make room for an Intek.

125ccCrazy

Hi guys, new guy here. Thanks for a great forum. Lots of answers to lots of questions on these forums. By the way, this post helped me decide what engine to use on my home made mini.:drinkup:
The photo shows a Powersport engine that I'm taking out to make room for an Intek.
That is very cool, excellent work on building the frame....:thumbsup:

I have the same motor Briggs & Stratton Intek i/c 206 my intake port is not D shaped it is round mine is older and my exhaust threads in on top of motor any one kno about this engine