Briggs Raptor

Can anyone tell me how to tell the difference between a stock 5hp. block and a Raptor block. I'm talking about just the bare block. Thanks in advance.

My son performance-upgraded a Briggs Raptor engine for his Bonanza 1300 a few years ago. I seem to remember that the cylinder bore had a steel liner (as opposed to aluminum), and the crankshaft was ball-bearing supported in the sidecover and maybe even the other end in the block.
Michael

CarPlayLB

Raptor's came with steel bore and cool-bore (aluminum). I have not seen a dual bearing Raptor block, although anything is possible. The kart guys claim the bushing block was stronger! All had a bearing sidecover.

My son just informed me that his Raptor engine has a (pressed-in-place) REPLACEABLE BUSHING in the block on the flywheel side. That way, you wear out only the bushing, not the hole in the block.
Michael

Just talked to Cort Turner of Turner Racing in Barnesville Ohio today and he said none of the Raptors had dual bearings. And yes they did come in kool-bore and steel sleaved. Long story short, ended up buying a NOS Raptor II from him that he had under his bench for years. Shoulda bought a lottery ticket today!