Bros. said it wouldn't shine 1970 rupp roadster

I'm workin on restoring a 1970 Rupp roadster, that belongs to my Dad. My grampa bought for my dad when he was a kid and he road it for years, even my oldest brother road it going up, but after wearing it down dad parked it in the back of the shop where it sat for better than 10 years. Now I'm tryin to fix it back up to suprise him with it. But after getting the motor runing and waiting on some other parts stated to shine up the chrome, my brothers looking at it said it would not shinew that the chrome was to far gone. After a hour and a half with .0000 steel wool on the front fender here is how far I am. Wooking on posting more pic's tell me what u think. The pics don't show how shine it really is thanks

Sorry haven trouble post a pic on here hopen to get them on tommow night. And I took it over to my brothers shop to work/hide it.

Does look you got it to shine but that looks just like bare metal not crome and it has lots of scratches. I would look into powder coating it crome if you are on a budget.