BUFFALO dung to BUFFALO done?

Well...Found me a craigslist project. After my Cyclops and my Fox Doodlebug...it was time for a big tire bike. According to the gurus on the "what is this forum"...I've got myself a Montgomery Wards Buffalo. I'm going to need parts....brake, tires, seat, gas tank, engine, etc..Anyone that has any parts laying around...let me know. I'm interested.

This will be a slow process as I've got 6 fishing rods to build for paying customers prior to starting this build....on top of 3 young boys needing attention and a wife that needs some too!:eek:ut:

Well...Found me a craigslist project. After my Cyclops and my Fox Doodlebug...it was time for a big tire bike. According to the gurus on the "what is this forum"...I've got myself a Montgomery Wards Buffalo. I'm going to need parts....brake, tires, seat, gas tank, engine, etc..Anyone that has any parts laying around...let me know. I'm interested.

This will be a slow process as I've got 6 fishing rods to build for paying customers prior to starting this build....on top of 3 young boys needing attention and a wife that needs some too!:eek:ut:
That would be a CESTAD Buffalo. CESTAD made the Montgomery Wards products for the store chain too.

CESTAD= Central States Tool and Die. Omaha Nebraska.

you'll need a special switch on the brake cable if you want it to react to squeezing the lever, mine is just a light right now. but I honestly haven't toyed with these bikes for a while.

Anyone on here able to fabricate me some custom length axles? Took apart the originals and the previous owner utilized a massive hammer to flatten out each end in some futile attempt to do something.....destructive?

Anyhow...had to cut the axles to get them out.

JBrewton...in the picture of your kickstand....there is a "decorative" piece of trim that is displayed. It is almost like a chain guard towards the back brake.

Is this piece removable? If it is....how does it attach? I've got a little - hook - on my frame but nothing is there.

I considered buying that when it came on CL but I'd have nowhere to put it. Whoever built these older homes in Alexandria didn't require much in comparison to today.

Good question, I never paid attention to it. This bike is in the shed awaiting TLC.

Mine seems to be a different version than this photo, maybe mine is home made or CESTAD changed them, I will try to look and let you know when time permits.

View attachment 50954

Anyone on here able to fabricate me some custom length axles?
Took apart the originals and the previous owner utilized a massive hammer to flatten out each end in some futile attempt to do something.....destructive?

Anyhow...had to cut the axles to get them out.

Check your PM's