BUFFALO dung to BUFFALO done?

Slow progress...but the bike has been completely dis-assembled and has had a hot steam bath in the parts cleaner at work. Some dry fitting and then off to the sandblaster for cleanup.

Thanks to Scott103 I should be receiving my new axles shortly.
Thanks to PeeWees Decals...I should be getting some decals shortly

Now...Some questions need to be answered.

1. Where can I get a 72" brake cable with threaded end and hardware? This bike is a monster and the 66" won't cut it. I feel like I will need to go the custom route...but who can do this?

2. The brake drum that came on the bike has on OD of 4.25" with an 1.625" opening for the axle to come through. Can i go larger(5") on the brake drum? I feel like this monster will need more braking power. I definitely need a new band brake for it as well

3. What is the advantage/disdvantage of a brake drum that has a flange or one that doesn't?

4. The rear sprocket has 54 teeth. A TAV setup has either a 10T or 12T front sprocket...help me decide which to go with

5. my tires will need to be 22x11x8 - will i need tubes? I hope not

I think that is it for now...until next time

My bike is a monster, even tho I cant get the new motor dialed in it will still cruise at 40mph plus . I have never seen the top end because the tires are scary on pavement. The brake set up works just fine. I have a 10hp Tec on it now. I used to have a 8hp Briggs.

I've got the outer casing for the brake cable...in all honestly..it is shot...cracked, painted, rusted etc...

Would prefer to get all new if possible

My bike is a monster, even tho I cant get the new motor dialed in it will still cruise at 40mph plus . I have never seen the top end because the tires are scary on pavement. The brake set up works just fine. I have a 10hp Tec on it now. I used to have a 8hp Briggs.

3 Questions:

Are you running a TAV? What is your rear sprocket tooth count?

Where did you score your gas tank?

I'm leaning towards a hopped up clone for power. 6.5hp block with some tweaks. I've had good luck with NR Racing's engines...both a hopped up Honda and a Clone.

Both make right at 10hp and start on the first pull.

I'm thinking that If I keep the block smaller....I may be able to run a stock gas tank and keep a "cleaner" look

Last edited:
3 Questions:

Are you running a TAV? What is your rear sprocket tooth count?

Where did you score your gas tank?
TAV ----YES

Rear Sprocket is the stock one it came with. Bike is covered upand buried at the moment. I can check in the next few days

Gas tank was an Ebay score $20 MTD ...Look for Jacobsen tanks too. Easy to find.

Update...bike is still in pieces. Tires are ordered 22x11x8. Bearings are ordered. Old tires have been beat/cut off....got a guy (hopefully) fabbing up a custom length brake cable.

My axles came from Scot103 and they are sweet. My decals came from Peewee and they too are sweet.

Rims will be heading to blasting cabinet tomorrow and possibly powdercoating (depending on price). :eek:ut:

Then...need to get an engine and order a $hit load of parts....including a Torque Converter, Throttle/Grips, Chain, Brake, Engine, brake lever, brake drum, and various nuts and bolts.

More updates to follow.

Decal Pics....on the larger one....where the Terrain Bike is...the decal is clear so the color of the bike will show through. Just dawned on me that I can't use black!

Update...had the rims and hubs sandblasted and powder coated. Pretty excited. :freakout:

Also got the 22x11x8 tires mounted :mad2:

Having a "trick" gas tank fabbed up.....should be ready soon. :weld:

Found an awesome company in CA, and dealt with an awesome guy named John.
Flanders Cables for Mechanical Control, throttle cables, brake cables, automation control cables, custom robotic control cables

He made me a 72" brake cable with all the fixins. :deal:

Getting ready to place a LARGE order with OldMiniBikes to get everything ready for mock up....and then need to work on a seat with kbs8ball..again. It will be my 3rd with him.:pimp:

Seat template has been sent to kbs8ball....all parts from OldMiniBikes have been been delivered...now I need time.

GTC or TAV2? Advantages/disadvantages of either one?

What not a regular centrifugal clutch?

Also...my brand new brake drum has holes that don't line up with my bolt pattern:mad2:
Now what...how do I ensure that where I drill will be centered around the hub/axle?