Build engine around.....

Ok so I've decided to build my rupp continental. Gonna put some nice suspension on it and stretch the swing arm a little to fit some bigger tires. I wanted to turn the bike into a big block drag bike but my body just can't handle the hard tail ride at any of the places we ride around me. Since there isn't much room for a big motor on this bike im gonna either go gx200/clone or maybe pred. I've got a 14cc head off a gx160 I'm gonna use. And a 28mm mikuni carb that's just sitting around gathering dust. I want the motor to make big power but still be a good all around since we ride them across town pretty far. What size cam, valves ect do I wanna use to go with that big of a carb? Kinda wanna make it a stroker bu r again not sure if that's good for long rides at high(er) rpm's. I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks

Mike

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Not really too worried about that. Figured I'd be spending about $300 on valvetrain then whatever the machine work and rods and pistons ect. Basically not sure how big on the cam and how big on the valves. I was figuring maybe a 1k budget considering I have all winter to build it.

Anyways I thought we all had deep pockets considering nothing about the hobby is cheap.:D
I also have a tilly hl357b alky carb I bought off minibikin' a couple weeks ago. So I have a lot of options. Basically looking for advice from a someone more familiar with small engines than myself so I can get the valvetrain and cam all setup right to go with the stuff that I already have. Thanks

Mike

Last edited: