CAMO-ed out

Ok i'd love to put camouflage cover on my mini bike. just over the basic stuff though. like bars and stuff. Im not gonna paint it. i want to wrap it. Its verryy expensivve to buy the atv or truck wrap. any ideas?

you don't have to do all that. it's the correct way unless you totally want to half-ass it.

a quickie camo paint job would probably look better than having a bunch of tape stuff wrapped all over your bike.

yup thats kinda what i was thinking of . I know they make camo duct tape too. Might want to look at a hunting store like cabellas or gander mtn.

no the paints preet good. i was just thinkin something like thishttp://cgi.ebay.com/CAMOUFLAGE-DUCT-TAPE-2-X-20-YDS-3-ROLLS_W0QQitemZ190325338976QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c50463360&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_942

that would look like shit IMO.

spend $25 on some paint and sand paper. just scuff the powdercoat and then do a camo pattern. you could even just do it in olive drab. a few members have posted pics of their bikes done like that and they look good.

i dont want a generic camo pattern. i want the realtree type. And why do you think itll look like shit? its camo tape. im not gonna wrap the whole thing in camo tape lol. id just go sideways/horizontal for the bars and do like one long strip across

just get some 220 grit sandpaper and sand down the powder coat. you just need to do it until it's no longer shiny. i spent a few hours doing mine, but i was being anal getting all the chips out and crap from when they welded the frame.

i've got a pic of it after being sanded at home. i'll post it later this afternoon and you'll see what i mean.

another thing to think about with the tape is that there's a good chance it will leave a bunch of residue if you try to remove it (especially if it's been on awhile).

if you paint it and don't like the way it looks you could always use the tape then.

yeah i know what you mean with the residue id have to use goo gone or something. Im thinking maybe ill do the fenders with the tape i think thatd look badass because i could thoroughly cover it! and after i get rid of the shineyness what do i do?