Canadian Sprocket With Lawn Boy Durforce 2 cycle and Tav2

cool little bike, sounds good and looks really peppy.... nice ride.
Thanks man! Just getting the bugs out and it seems to run better every time I fire it up. I'm looking in to having a custom expansion chamber made to further enhance performance. I'd like to make about 10hp!

Currently making a thinner copper head gasket to increase the compression ratio.

The only thing that spooks me a lot about the small 2 stroke engines is crank size.

Putting a drive clutch on some of them could be a nightmare ? yes?

Oh, and I found this an don't know if its any good to you

Carburetor Stihl 070 090 090G 090AV Chainsaw LB S9 Tillotson HL 324A HL244A Carb | eBay
Yes I can understand that completely and I think it's what keeps most builders going the standard 4 cycle route. I know it kept me from using other power plants when I first started out.

I do feel that some 2 cycle engines are just not worth the hassle to have the PTO modified if they don't really have any performance potential or it's a very rare piece that you wouldn't want to flog on a mini bike or kart.

I've looked at that exact carb and I do believe the throttle bore and venture size is to large for my engine, could be wrong though.

Thanks for the link :)

Nice to see another fellow Canadian on OldMiniBikes, cheers bud!

HL Tilly came on West Bend 610 and 820, both smaller than your DF
Reed area is pretty small and would be a hold-up to bigger carb.
Thin head gasket is harder to find, but a 2-stroke can be run without, just lapped and a spray-copper mist.
I made a mandrel and spun one of my DF heads on the lathe.
Crude sorts have even used a belt sander, then sandpaper on the counter, and a stock gasket.
Stock, they're lean and surge, but drilling the main helps heaps.

HL Tilly came on West Bend 610 and 820, both smaller than your DF
Reed area is pretty small and would be a hold-up to bigger carb.
Thin head gasket is harder to find, but a 2-stroke can be run without, just lapped and a spray-copper mist.
I made a mandrel and spun one of my DF heads on the lathe.
Crude sorts have even used a belt sander, then sandpaper on the counter, and a stock gasket.
Stock, they're lean and surge, but drilling the main helps heaps.
Hi there.

Have you got yourself a Lawn Boy Duraforce 2 cycle on a kart or mini?

I tried running the engine without the head gasket and it's just to much compression to pull over. I used Pematex high temp flange sealant in place of the stock 0.033" head gasket.

Hi there.

Have you got yourself a Lawn Boy Duraforce 2 cycle on a kart or mini?

I tried running the engine without the head gasket and it's just to much compression to pull over. I used Pematex high temp flange sealant in place of the stock 0.033" head gasket.
Not yet. So far, I'm just one of those sickos that left the engine on a mower deck :)
Raising the exhaust port a couple mm eases the starting a bit.
May have to install a chainsaw pop-off or hit the gym, eh. Haaa

Not yet. So far, I'm just one of those sickos that left the engine on a mower deck :)
Raising the exhaust port a couple mm eases the starting a bit.
May have to install a chainsaw pop-off or hit the gym, eh. Haaa
Haha...gotcha.
Yeah I'd like to avoid and internal mods, really would like to retain the reliability.