cat 300ss

The wheels are silver and the stars are black. Should the nuts and bolts that hold the two piece wheels be painted? or natural finish from the store?

I also have the same question for the seat bolts, wheel nuts, sprocket bolts and the wheel bearings.

Thanks in advanced

Mark

45t

I'd say natural? I always take mine to the wire wheel on me bench grinder to shine them up before reassembly.

I sandblasted most of the parts. The axel nuts may get a little natural paint....The rest will be new nuts/bolts. They appeared to have a galvanized finish. I will find something as natural as possible.
The kickstand was made in Butler Indiana, just up the road a bit. It will also get some natural paint...
I have watched to much Ricks Restoration and want this as original as possible. Without the help I get from you guys It wouldn't be possible.

Thank you very much!

I also have two different sets of handlebars. One set is straight with a little spring on the fork/frame. The other handlebar kicks forward and has a much bigger spring with a collar/washer on each end. I have one opinion and one video that conflict with each other. HELP!!!

I also have two different sets of handlebars. One set is straight with a little spring on the fork/frame. The other handlebar kicks forward and has a much bigger spring with a collar/washer on each end. I have one opinion and one video that conflict with each other. HELP!!!
The 300 series is the one with the little spring and no spring cups. (that's the one for your bike)

The 400 series bar is slightly longer, and has the big spring with spring cups.

300TT

400X: