cat refresh

46wl

hello, I am trying to put a few original cat pieces back on my cat mini bike . I am not sure what I have . I think it is a 400ts or maybe a 400el. any way I picked 3 wheel stars and a front fender . what color should the wheel be painted , the stars I picked up are chrome?

46wl

my bike does have a jack shaft, looks to be original, but currently has a comet torque converter. the fork looks much further raked than the photos of 400ts' but does have dual springs. I will try again to post photos.

Someone did some work to it for sure.

Here is an R4003. That's the closest Cat I could find that resembled what you have. Note there are several differences, from front end to engine. Rear pegs, no rear fender. I'd get that motor running, and use the same torque converter setup. I cant tell if it's a TC88 series (5/8" belt width) driven or not. I'd swap it out for a Comet 20 system. (This is a separate subject all it's own, but not so hard to do)

In my opinion, after several Cat restorations, (and thousands spend on hard to find parts) I'd make this a rider with the torque converter system and that Briggs flattie. It would make a fine bike, with a lot of hill climbing torque, and a decent top end on the pavement.

9ab16620.jpg

It's a R4004. I have one and Derek has one. Can you send me more pictures please.
Thanks Joe. Good call. I guess 45t Mitch had one as well as Casey and Bayareaburrito. No one has found a brochure showing the bike yet. So how does anyone know it's called a R4004? (Serious question)

I stand by my comments on degree of "restoration" I'd do on it. Rear fender, plastic tank, fiberglass seat, HS40, clutch guard, yeah. LOL...

For the OP, here is a photo of one.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/m...stic-seat-pan-seat-post712609.html#post712609

I believe that the Casey one went to buritto to Derek. And I have mitch (45T) bike. I think when Casey had it it had the decal on the front. AND I believe was the pair to the 4003 bike. Same deal as the eliminator and dominator. Same bike almost.

I believe that the Casey one went to buritto to Derek. And I have mitch (45T) bike. I think when Casey had it it had the decal on the front. AND I believe was the pair to the 4003 bike. Same deal as the eliminator and dominator. Same bike almost.
:thumbsup: All good info Joe.

45t

Thanks Joe. Good call. I guess 45t Mitch had one as well as Casey and Bayareaburrito. No one has found a brochure showing the bike yet. So how does anyone know it's called a R4004? (Serious question)

I stand by my comments on degree of "restoration" I'd do on it. Rear fender, plastic tank, fiberglass seat, HS40, clutch guard, yeah. LOL...
I believe the difference between the R4003 and R4004 is the front end. The R4004 has an Endura front end (at least mine did). It runs the larger triple tree and bars along with having the 4.00-6 tires front and rear. The R4003 ran a smaller 12.5" tire in the front and I think the triple tree and bars were smaller.

And Joe, I want mine R4004 back when you get the engine plate back on it. :grind: :laugh:

Last edited: