Centrifugal Clutch to Tav Question

I know this is probably a stoopid question, but how does one remove the centrifugal clutch from their engine. It's a 6.5hp Honda clone. I can't seem to keep the clutch from spinning when I try to turn the bolt.

Impact wrench or hit the wrench quickly with a dead blow hammer or take out spark plug and run some rope down the hole as this will stop the piston from turning

Worked Great! Now I'm having trouble with the frame there is a seemingly arbitrary metal arm that goes right across where the tav should go. All the arm seems to do is hold the chain guard? Anyone know if I can just cut it off or bend it back?

If you are talking about the little bracket for the guard, cut it off, if you are talking about the bar that runs from side to side on the frame, that is the lower fender mount. Remove that and you will have the fender flapping until you make a different mount that clears. A little tab running down to the engine mount is all you need.

If you are talking about the little bracket for the guard, cut it off, if you are talking about the bar that runs from side to side on the frame, that is the lower fender mount. Remove that and you will have the fender flapping until you make a different mount that clears. A little tab running down to the engine mount is all you need.
I am talking about the bar, but the fender doesn't actually touch it anywhere. The only thing coming off it is the metal chain guard.

That bar looks like it may be structural. If it's cut off, I would suggest welding a crossbar in the bottom of the frame, near the rear wheel to take it's place. That's the downside to installing a TAV. There are a lot of frame and engine combinations that require some tweaking to fit it on there.:grind:

That bar looks like it may be structural. If it's cut off, I would suggest welding a crossbar in the bottom of the frame, near the rear wheel to take it's place. That's the downside to installing a TAV. There are a lot of frame and engine combinations that require some tweaking to fit it on there.:grind:
if you mean the curved Tube and not just that tab off that tube,then yes.
Ramrod has it right.
structural bar.

So I decided not to mess with any of the bike frame. I ground down two sides of the tav instead, and was able to fit the back plate on! But the bigger pulley hits the frame in two places :censure:. So I need to raise the entire engine... Can I just buy a steel plate at lowes? This is my first build and I am kind of struggling since I don't have much experience.