change grips on doodle bug??? and exhaust question

can you change the grips on the doodle bug or does that require you changing the throttle?

also how would i go about getting or making a exhaust the will extend to the rear of the bike? im getting tired of my pant legs smelling like exhaust

any one know of any good mini bike magazines?

any grip for that size bar will work.

you'd have to make an exhaust. no companies make upgrades for that engine. if you can't make one yourself, i'm sure there's a member on here that could do it for you. search on here too, people have posted their custom ones.

they don't make mini bike magazines any more.

if you don't want to save it, just make a slice down the length of it with a knife. the grip slips over a plastic tube which is attached to the throttle assembly.

you'll have to do some measuring to figure out what will work.

If you want to save the grips use compressed air. Stick a blow nozzle end under the inside lip of the grip and blow as you work the nozzle around the bar. The grip will slide off like butter!

something else to do if you dont have a air compressor is get a can of the super tech lubricant form wall mart wd40 rip off . get the spray hose under the grip and spray in some lube and twist the grip it will free up and slide off . then just wipe off any extra .it works great for putting them on too it dries up in like a day and makes them slide on easy as can be . done it with like a dozen grips and no problems as of yet

vette66_00

SOAP AND WATER I use to work at a bike shop this is the only thing we used. Little soap and water under the grip lip and start moving add as needed. Same with putting them on, little soap and water in the grip and on the bar slips right on. If you want to go riding soon after use a hair dryer on the grip to warm it up to cause the water to evaporate. Or use hair spray to put them on sticks in a few mins depending on how much you use.

DO NOT use oil based products they break down the rubber grip and cause them to come apart from the inside out.