Changes made to BC Mini Bike. Issue Apology's.......

March 24, 2009 9:25 PST

Press Release et.all:

Tacoterminator has a very important announcement, regarding the number 1 prototype mini bike named after Boyd Coddington out of respect for his great talents.

I have been criticized for not having an old school mini bike and bragging about the bike I entered and lost in the mini bike of the month for December 2008. It was designed by Robin Johnson of Bad Dog Enterprises, Monarch Beach, California.

We discussed in detail what I wanted and when it shipped out I did a fantastic build and paint. However, the rear sprocket clearance was not sufficient to make right turns as it was ¾” to 1” from the ground. This was my wrong doing, not his. I agreed to the five inch wheel (rear) and six inch front to imitate a motorcycle I.E. 18” rear and 21” front. This was a mistake and I take responsibility for screwing up the designing of the mini bike. We all have to at some point, bow down and admit I do not know everything. The front wheel was installed on the rear and low and behold the sprocket clearance went to nearly 1 ½ inches with a 62 tooth rear sprocket and a 12 inch tire. It took hours to adapt the front to the rear. I needed caliper clearance and had to grind a bolt head for fifteen minutes with goggles ON, “Rude-dog.” The bolt hit the tire when I inflated to max pressure 45 PSI.

With a six inch aluminum wheel matching six inch tire (Manco Saw Tooth) tire coming from Bad Dog as an exchange nearly 5 months later and only shipping charges incurred. To match the front tire it will raise the mini bike level and gain a lot of sprocket clearance on the right side, as I have a custom adjustable high rise jackshaft transferring power to the right side.

Very good business practices this man has! My initial design screw up. Robin’s business decision, to swap out the wheel and tire, for less then $30.00. He is as good a businessman, as he is a Fantastic Fabricator.

Jim H pushed in a relentless fashion to have a bike that turns in both ways effortlessly. He is a good upstanding member of OldMiniBikes Forum. Thanks! Furthermore, keeping quiet (not bragging) and having fun on the site. I have been critical to a few of you. I am going through a mid life crisis at 50. It happens to all of us, at some point. So to Evil-ED I do apologize for landing on your runway without permission.

So, I am still and interested in a Flexo Big Bear Scrambler, when time and money permit. I want a finished restored bike that needs nothing. I will find the money when the Flexo presents itself to me.

TT :doah:

Last edited:
Finished the project today and success. Thanks to JimH the bike looks FANTASTIC and TURNS IN BOTH DIRECTIONS. Figure eight ready. I will post pictures of the re-do in a day or so!

All the trouble was worth the wait! Very excited to do a speed run...purrs like a kitty and runs like a deer!
ROBIN JOHNSON HAS A TERRIBLE ADDITUDE. HOWEVER, HE MADE IT ALL HAPPEN FOR $45.00...$25+ $8 S.H and $12.00 MORE FOR THE CORRECT MATCHING TIRE...HIS FORT'E IS FAB WORK. NOT BEING GRACIOUS...

BAD ADDITUE DOGGY BREATH...lol

TT :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Head's up high!

5 new photo's added to see the newest rebuild. 1-1/2" sprocket ground clearance...

Go to gallery....

TT :thumbsup: